Honest selling tactics.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/3173620043.html

Dyno'ed at 139 hp!
I am going to go buy this in a heartbeat! Stock exhaust and mufflers!
Has the most desirable, limited production, carbon-fiber finish.

That tons of these bikes seem to have!

He is at a decent price in my opinion, but don't lie about things. Limited production, bogus dyno numbers!

I think if you honest with people up front, you'll sell your item better.

Todd

5N55L55M63G23L83Jdc7ua5c02c2d79c117df.jpg

5I85Ed5J53K43m23Nfc7u857cae7ddd8f1f93.jpg

Well I take that bike. The bike has obviously been down, look at the exhaust, its all ground down in the back....

Todd

the dude i bought my 86 from lied like a rug with his wife standing right beside . i would have still bought the bike.....would have been nice to know about the issues B4 hand tho.

i was SO relieved to find out the tranny was solid after i got it running well:rofl_200:..at least the fukker didnt lie about that,:biglaugh:

personally i would be ashamed of myself if i had to lie to sell my bike.

It does look good though.
Its nice to know that the finish that came wit my bike is "desired". lol
Unfortunately..it was all scuzzy and faded..like the bloke left her out in the desert since 02.
Not very ...desireable. ;)

I hate to have it sound like we are all ripping the guy. If he honestly likes the stock exhaust , great. And if he thinks its the bomb, cool. And I am sure he had enough bench racing buddies tell him his bike makes 139 hp as well. Heck maybe he had it dyno'ed at Jimmy Johns backyard yard water wheel dyno and it made that number. Or maybe the dyno guy just said it might make that number. Who knows , who cares. The bottom line is misinformation, whether malicious to sell the bike, or just ignorant to not know the truth.

Vmax guys for the most part seem to know about them. They aren't oblivious to wrongful information, but this ad just seems to wreak of wrong and potentially misleading information.

Honestly the exhaust you can see plain as day that its been dropped and skidded. The clutch cover was a nice picture catch I am sure if we all looked hard enough we could come up with more little tidbits.

Tood

Email from seller..

Hard enough to dent the exhaust pipe as you see. The right scoop also has a 1" abrasion mark. I did not replace because it still looks OK to me. Does not impede any function. Everything else damaged was replaced with new parts by dealer immediately afterwards in May 2010. Both turn signals, the handlebar & end plug, the footbrake lever and the engine guards (both sides since they're sold as a set). I've ridden Circle Tours around Lake Ontario and Georgian Bay since then to complete all the Great Lakes. Bike rides great, looks great!

Back