Houses in Arizona

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozy

Reaction score
I graduate from college in May, and I told my fiancee that there would be no better time to move to a warmer climate then immediately after graduation before I find a full-time job in my field here in Northwest Indiana. We both like Arizona....plus I'd be able to ride year round. That's a BIG factor in it all. So we were just looking online at houses in AZ tonight.....and there are a SHIT-TON of houses that seem to be ridiculously underpriced. I'm talking a 2000+ sq. ft. house with in-ground pool for $100,000 cheap. We're looking within an hour's drive from Phoenix. Houses that would typically be $160,000 and higher here are under $110,000 there. Anyone from AZ on here that can explain this to me??????
If there's no BAD explanation, I think I'm moving to AZ tomorrow!!!

I graduate from college in May, and I told my fiancee that there would be no better time to move to a warmer climate then immediately after graduation before I find a full-time job in my field here in Northwest Indiana. We both like Arizona....plus I'd be able to ride year round. That's a BIG factor in it all. So we were just looking online at houses in AZ tonight.....and there are a SHIT-TON of houses that seem to be ridiculously underpriced. I'm talking a 2000+ sq. ft. house with in-ground pool for $100,000 cheap. We're looking within an hour's drive from Phoenix. Houses that would typically be $160,000 and higher here are under $110,000 there. Anyone from AZ on here that can explain this to me??????
If there's no BAD explanation, I think I'm moving to AZ tomorrow!!!

its probably the market give or take man...

prices are plumetting and there are tons of new incentives possible around the corner....

its probably the market give or take man...

prices are plumetting and there are tons of new incentives possible around the corner....

Its also just plain old cost of living. There's people from california buying up rent houses here cause they can buy them for a third of what they can there.

I have a friend who is going to lose his 3bd/2ba home out there. He paid like $160k pre-boom. Now he can't sell it for $110k.

Markets are strange. Some collapse completely and some never do. In my area, people still want $160k on their $89k purchase....

Here's a link I found to be interesting:
http://patrick.net/housing/crash.html

I have a friend who is going to lose his 3bd/2ba home out there. He paid like $160k pre-boom. Now he can't sell it for $110k.

Markets are strange. Some collapse completely and some never do. In my area, people still want $160k on their $89k purchase....

That article confused the hell out of me. How is it a bad idea to buy a house when mortgage rates are under 4% and the price of the home is already super low? Obviously, mortgage rates will rise within the next 1-2 years....and the value of the house should follow suit. I didn't take 3 Econ classes in college to not understand this.....I don't get it!

Its also just plain old cost of living. There's people from california buying up rent houses here cause they can buy them for a third of what they can there.

I agree...here in NY state, my house that I paid 39,000. for 10 yrs ago goes WAY more in NC.
hey Rob....where in OK are you?
I use to live in Healdton (right outside of Ardmore)

what a bunch of bs in that article.
Soon as i read the first point, mortages of 5-10 times yearly salary, umm, count Kalifrnia out and this pretty much doesn't happen.
2. cheaper to rent? sort of on the surface, but if you pay $500/month rent in 10 years you'll have spent $60,000 and have nothing to show for it.
point 3, yeah i'd rather pay more to the bank than wtih higher rates, than a few grand more to a home seller, not!!!

article sucks.

what a bunch of bs in that article.
Soon as i read the first point, mortages of 5-10 times yearly salary, umm, count Kalifrnia out and this pretty much doesn't happen.
2. cheaper to rent? sort of on the surface, but if you pay $500/month rent in 10 years you'll have spent $60,000 and have nothing to show for it.
point 3, yeah i'd rather pay more to the bank than wtih higher rates, than a few grand more to a home seller, not!!!

article sucks.

This is exactly why I posted the link.

I said "interesting." I did not say I agreed or disagreed with anything.

I have been trying to guage a wide range of people's opinions. See this thread I started long ago (and be sure to vote):
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=5798

I cant understand why anyone would want to get away from these Northern Indiana winters :rofl_200: Just kidding. Wish you the best of luck.
If you happen to be around for another winter Ill have to introduce you to snowmobileing. Its the same great elbow snapping acceleration that one would get from a Vmax. As i said before, wish you the best of luck. Mike

I cant understand why anyone would want to get away from these Northern Indiana winters :rofl_200: Just kidding. Wish you the best of luck.
If you happen to be around for another winter Ill have to introduce you to snowmobileing. Its the same great elbow snapping acceleration that one would get from a Vmax. As i said before, wish you the best of luck. Mike

OH yeah, I've had some fun on a few sleds in my time. But the snow isn't reliable enough from year to year to warrant owning a sled. My uncle had 3 and sold them both off a few years back because the amount of snow we got here every year has been declining. Unless we get snow every year like we did this year, it's worthless....unless you can make trips to Michigan or Wisconsin.

We gotta hook up this summer for some Vmax-on-Vmax riding! I'm used to riding with Harley's and other metric cruisers....it'll be nice to have someone that can keep up for a change! :rofl_200:

I was sitting here catching up on Bike week stuff.
ABC's Nightline came on and just Claimed that Phoenix AZ is currently the #1 city in the US for Kid-Nappings.
They said that last year there were 370 kid-nappings. Granted a most of them are drug dealers attacking each other. But man! That is just effed up!
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=6848672&page=1
I'm guessing that has a lot to do with why houses are really dirt cheap there!

Man this country is going downhill fast!

I agree...here in NY state, my house that I paid 39,000. for 10 yrs ago goes WAY more in NC.
hey Rob....where in OK are you?
I use to live in Healdton (right outside of Ardmore)

I'm just south of OKC in Moore. Oklahoma is one of the few places were housing prices aren't falling but rather rising or staying the same.

I live in AZ, I actually just recently moved from the phoenix/mesa area to
prescott. The housing issue is being caused by the market mostly from what I have seen. It was booming and everything was good, then it all went belly up and it hurt everyone here. If I were in a finacially better situation I would be buying real estate like crazy. Az is nice and like you said it is pretty much year round riding with lots of good rides close.

Richard

I live in AZ, I actually just recently moved from the phoenix/mesa area to
prescott. The housing issue is being caused by the market mostly from what I have seen. It was booming and everything was good, then it all went belly up and it hurt everyone here. If I were in a finacially better situation I would be buying real estate like crazy. Az is nice and like you said it is pretty much year round riding with lots of good rides close.

Richard

We were looking at places that were about 45 minutes to 1 hour out of Phoenix. The main complaint I heard is that there is nothing to do in those areas. Yuo gotta travel all the way to the city to go shopping or do fun things.

I suppose it depends on what you consider fun stuff to do, we lived in north/east mesa, have a lot of friends who live in queen creek and areas like that, if you have horses or rodeo that is a great place, lot of little jack pot ropings, practice pens for bull riding and that kind of stuff, as far as in town there is pretty much everything you could want, phoenix tempe mesa gilbert chandler scottsdale glendale peoria etc are all on top of each other so "in town", you could like an hour from phoenix and never leave civilization, the weather is always nice so there is always car shows and that kind of stuff also, if you get a chance i would defenitely come out to look around at the very least

Richard

Besides being down in general everywhere, housing varies hugely in pricing depending on where you are, the population density, the Supply of housing, and how bad people wanna live there, how available jobs are, quality of life etc....

Houston's housing market has gone from $65 per square foot to about $100 per square foot for new homes, over the course of the last 10 years.

Still dirt cheap when compared to other areas of the country,...

Back