how can I clean the pilot jet without removing the carbs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtotiger1

Reaction score
how can I clean the pilot jet without removing the carbs, will the shotgun or pea shooter do it?

I've used an eyedropper filled with SeaFoam carb cleaner (peashooter) and gotten results before. Simply remove the airbox cover, warm the bike and let it run while dribbling the Seafoam cleaner down your 4 paj1 & 2 openings. Blip the throttle occasionally to keep the bike from dying. Repeat several times in eacy cylinder. Works to unclog some stuff. Other times, neither the peashooter nor the shotgun will work and you might find yourself pulling the carbs for a hands-on deep cleaning.

If you're talking the pilot fuel jet, most likely you can't.

If they are blocked solid like they tend to get, don't waste you time dancing around the inevitable. It takes very little effort to pull the rack and get to the jet blocks.

I've tried both methods and they've worked in the past. Shotgun is way better though.
My 94 is currently down with totally blocked low speed jets on 2 carbs. I've been awaiting
parts to rebuild all the carbs. New low speed jets too. I use Non-Ethanol Gas or the trouble
could be way worse..

Back