How can one tell if a gen 1 has lowering springs/shocks?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rear are 13 c-c unloaded. They'd be close to that with the bike level. Aftermarket shocks might be a clue, too. I don't know how I'd guess on the front.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I think stock rear shock length is 13" from bolt hole center to bolt hole center, have to measure with the back end in the air. If the rears look like stock, its not lowered. Not sure about uncompressed length on the front..,

Rears certainly look like aftermarket progressives. Tire looks a bit more tucked into the fender, too. Not sure about front and the guy I'm buying it from doesn't seem to know, either.

Added pics of said bike.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 49
The rear is definitely lowered
I can't tell if the front end is lowered.
Stock forks measure approximately 34" from center of axle to top of the fork tube not including the fork cap with no weight on the front end.

The rear is definitely lowered
I can't tell if the front end is lowered.
Stock forks measure approximately 34" from center of axle to top of the fork tube not including the fork cap with no weight on the front end.
+1, and quite a bit. Noticeable handling improvements on my own ride were from lowering the front along with the back. I lowered the front a little more so, than the stock front/rear ratio, to get some extra weight on the front forks. Works for me. Nice Vmax you have there.

Hard to tell. The chrome thread on caps stick above more then 1/4" (probably 3/8")

I had mine up 1" until I put a radiator grill cover on and then I had to go to 3/4" or the fender would hit the grill cover under hard braking.

Attachments

• Raised_Forks.jpg
    Raised_Forks.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Back