How close 83 Venture XVZ1200 engine to 92 V-max??? heads, cams, pistons, connecting rod, crank?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamV4

Reaction score
I am still in process of diagnosing 92 V-max, but local junk yard has 83 Venture engine, should I get it just in case? Nobody knows when it will go to scrap.
$75 engine +75 core.

A buck & a-half for a set of cases and a crankshaft is a decent price. Ask Sean Morley, I think you can use all of those pieces I mentioned.

A buck & a-half for a set of cases and a crankshaft is a decent price. Ask Sean Morley, I think you can use all of those pieces I mentioned.
Thanks! Crank and connecting rods have same pn, heads and pistons have different pn #

Lower compression and heavier rods (heavier not being as good). The trans is close enough to the recall 85 design to not worry about it (much). Much smaller cams and valves. Swap over the Vmax heads/cams and a few other parts. You could swap your pistons/rods if you wanted to regain the compression.

On Sean's comments, I acquired a Venture for the cases and crankshaft, many-moons ago. Sitting, waiting for utilization.

Latest posts

Back