how do i tell the diferance between a full power vmax and the 115 hp vershen

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres no version with 115hp, full power is 145 and restricted euro versions are 100 or 105 and there is a japanese version that i think its even more neutered.

Theres no version with 115hp, full power is 145 and restricted euro versions are 100 or 105 and there is a japanese version that i think its even more neutered.

Yep....I think the Japanese version was 90 hp if I remember right.

All restricted versions don't have v-boost, so when you turn power on with key you should hear v-boost servo opening and closing like one second "bzzzzzzzt,bzzzzzt". If it has v-boost still installed and it is working like it should! Also exhausts openings are a little bigger on full powers.

All restricted versions don't have v-boost, so when you turn power on with key you should hear v-boost servo opening and closing like one second "bzzzzzzzt,bzzzzzt". If it has v-boost still installed and it is working like it should! Also exhausts openings are a little bigger on full powers.

+ stopper on the slides to stop them from opening fully
+ speedo linked limiter
+ underpowered CDI

So is the cylinder heads the same even if the camshafts are different depending whether they come from the restricted or full power model?

115 number is general the rear wheel hp number; 145 bhp is at the crank.

Mark

Though there are some camshaft differences the main restrictions in power are elimination of the vboost (and in the jap version they even put slide restrictors in the carbs).

Skyshot was a restricted motor. Swapped the intake cams to the exhaust and vice versa. Pulled the carb slide limiting pins and corrected the spark firing order. She’s a real animal now.

Latest posts

Back