How do I use the reverse gear?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nosvmax

Reaction score
I was talking to my buddy tonight and we were talking about cruisers. He said his friend has a Goldwing that has a reverse lever on it and that all cruisers have a reverse gear since they are heavier then sport bikes. Does my VMAX have reverse cause it sure is hard to back this thing up:bang head:

Sure it does. You have to get on it backwards though. Your right foot now becomes the foot to change gears and you must pay attention to the mirrors because they are behind you.
It's more difficult at night also because the brake and tail light are now the headlight, with some practice you can maneuver out of the tightest parking spaces!

Attachments

• AddEmoticons0051.gif
    AddEmoticons0051.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 322
Sure it does. You have to get on it backwards though. Your right foot now becomes the foot to change gears and you must pay attention to the mirrors because they are behind you.
It's more difficult at night also because the brake and tail light are now the headlight, with some practice you can maneuver out of the tightest parking spaces!

Thats where youre indicator beeper thing comes in to play :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Being serious (for once) wheel it backwards into the spot which is often OK because of the camber of the road slopes towards the curb, ie. easy to push.
Then you can ride out going forwards being somewhat easier.

I was talking to my buddy tonight and we were talking about cruisers. He said his friend has a Goldwing that has a reverse lever on it and that all cruisers have a reverse gear since they are heavier then sport bikes. Does my VMAX have reverse cause it sure is hard to back this thing up:bang head:

Look down on the case behind the shift lever, you will see "1-N-2-3-4-5" if your v max has reverse there will be a "R" above the "5"!

Look real close cause it's hard to see! :icon_rolleyes:

Look down on the case behind the shift lever, you will see "1-N-2-3-4-5" if your v max has reverse there will be a "R" above the "5"!

well for those of us that aren't giants reverse would be nice! heh. danny i can't imagine u've ever had a problem having your feet touch. i'm on my toes most times or can only get one flat footed

Ive been saying I need reverse every since I got the pig. Maybe Sean could help us out with that

I'm not sure if this is a bad dream or something I made up, or reality but I could swear I was able to bump start my second motorcyle going backwards. When you did it it would run in reverse instead of forward.

It was a 60cc yamaha street bike. 2 stroke, oil injected, I believe a '72. Maybe older?

I think this really happened. I was sitting on our road. It was pretty steep. Pulled in the clutch and drift backwards, down the hill a few feet and pop the clutch and it would start in reverse. Then you would turn around and face the bike down the hill. Give it some gas and dump the clutch and you could do a smokey burnout on the hill slowly going up it, BACKWARDS.

Maybe I just dreamt that......It seems so real. I was around 9 years old when I had that bike.

makes sense u could do it in reverse if a bike or any other vehicle has it eh?

Ski-doo 2-stroke snowmobiles use that for reverse. While the sled is running you push the start button and it causes it to die and instantly start the motor backwards. After backing up you just do it again and the engine fires the other way. Pretty trick, but not an option for four strokes.

Well ok I just got back in from the garage looking for the R. are you talking about the round cover near the shift lever mine just has a 1N2345 no R:confused2: what year is yours

Well ok I just got back in from the garage looking for the R. are you talking about the round cover near the shift lever mine just has a 1N2345 no R:confused2: what year is yours

:surprise::surprise::surprise::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back