How do my plugs look? Too lean?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juansvmax

Reaction score
Hello. If someone can help me please? These are what my plugs look like. I tryed to turn up a/f screw but turning it did nothing to idle. Not sure what to do. If someone could give me an idea would be great! Thanks!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 73
IMO, those look pretty good. Maybe a tad lean but if they were mine I wouldn't change anything.

Then I plan on having them cleaned and synced. Does $250 sound about right? I pay for parts too. I was just worries about an occasional "pop" out of the carb starting from a stop. Thank you guys for the info!!!

Except for a complete rebuild...the "shotgun" method will perform about 90% of all of the carb cleaning that you will need, and takes about 45 mins to do.

Here is a page that shows that.

http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/shotgun.htm

Syncing the carbs is EASY to do, and takes about 15 mins. Sometimes you can find a used sync tool for sale. Motion pro, and the Morgan carb tune are the 2 most popular. Ive had both and I like the Morgan better, down side is its about 100 bucks brand new.

Even if you have to spend 100 for a Morgan, and 75 for misc supplies, and 2 hrs worth of work, you will come out ahead if you do the work yourself.

If you dont want to work on your own bike....thats ok, no everyone is mechanically inclined, BUT...your looking at spending about 250....for maybe 2 hrs of work.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back