How do you add Seafoam

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
I'm about to add my Seafoam becasue tomorrow my bike is going into heated storage for the winter, any suggestions on the best way to do it and how much to use? how do you measure it?

Thanks
Ron

I believe it says 2 oz per gallon of gas. Fill your tank, add 8 oz, then run it so it finds its way into the float bowls too.

You can use a little measuring jug from any autoparts store.

If your that worried about it being exact buy a "ratio rite" cup from the walmart or your local mc dealer or some auto parts store. It comes in handy for other stuff too.

Or use your wifes pyrex, liquid measuring cups, LOL.

Just fill up the bike with fuel, dump in the seafoam, or stabil, or whatever, and then fire it up and let it run for a minute or two.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=2993

For storage just pour some in the tank!
I put 1/3 of a can in my tank and it runs awesome.
For storage I will be adding the same.

YOU SHOULD ADD 8 OZ. TO A FULL TANK AND THEN RIDE THE BIKE FOR 5-10 MILES , IMO , SO IT ALL GETS MIXED IN & GETS THOUGH THE CARBS REAL GOOD & WHIP ON IT A LITTLE SO IT GOES THROUGH THE MAIN JETS & EVERY WHERE ELSE ! ITS GREAT SHIT !:punk:

Just so you know, Seafoam is hard on rubber seals, o-rings, etc. It's best used when you're gonna run through a tank of gas on a run. IMO best method for storage is to drain the carbs and fill the tank with fresh fuel. Add Seafoam when removing from storage in the spring for the first good run.

IMO best method for storage is to drain the carbs and fill the tank with fresh fuel.

Two questions:

- what about Stabil rather than seafoam?

- I heard that keep the carbs dry during storage isn't such a great idea because some of the rubber parts (jet block plugs for example) actually shrink a bit when they're bone dry. So what is best for storage, wet or dry carbs? :ummm: In the long run, they'll go dry anyway as fuel evaporates, right?

ya seafoam turns rubber into mush, set your shoe in it for a couple days

all the guys on the v4hondabbs forum are big fans of seafoam to stabilize the gas for the winter. Most of them dump in 1/4 to 1/2 the can, ride it a bit, and store it with no harm done to the carb rubbers in any way. Stabil will work just fine as well, I used it with my magna v45 and she started right up in the spring. I go that route because there's a hefty supply in my garage.

Two questions:

- what about Stabil rather than seafoam?

- I heard that keep the carbs dry during storage isn't such a great idea because some of the rubber parts (jet block plugs for example) actually shrink a bit when they're bone dry. So what is best for storage, wet or dry carbs? :ummm: In the long run, they'll go dry anyway as fuel evaporates, right?

Ever notice how long the fuel pump runs after you've left the bike sit for a few weeks. That's because fuel has evaporated out of the carbs thus leaving residue in them. If you want to see the gum that's left put some gas in a margarine container and let it evaporate. Look what's left in the bottom:puke:. This is why I recommend draining them.
I cannot speak for Stabil as I have never used it.:confused2:

That's all I'm posting on this subject as it's very controversial just like oil. Do what gives you peace of mind.

Re: How do you add Sea foam

I ADD SEA FOAM + I START & RUN MY MAX EVERY WEEK , ALL WINTER LONG , UNTIL THE FAN COMES ON , I EVEN RUN IT TROUGH THE GEARS SO THE TRANSMISSION & REAR DIFFERENTIAL GET OIL SLUNG EVERYWHERE ITS SUPPOSED TO BE ALSO , THEN I PUT IT IN NEUTRAL AND THEN I CRACK THE THROTTLE A FEW TIMES , LET IT IDLE & SHUT IT OFF ! UNTIL NEXT WEEK ! .. :punk: ...BUT WHAT DO I KNOW ...:confused2:

YOU SHOULD ADD 8 OZ. TO A FULL TANK AND THEN RIDE THE BIKE FOR 5-10 MILES , IMO , SO IT ALL GETS MIXED IN & GETS THOUGH THE CARBS REAL GOOD & WHIP ON IT A LITTLE SO IT GOES THROUGH THE MAIN JETS & EVERY WHERE ELSE ! ITS GREAT SHIT !:punk:

Hey Tim
Just so you know the mains is the only place fuel enters the A/F circuit so even at idle fuel is going through the mains....but we know what you meant :biglaugh: Ride it like you are running from the Cops :eusa_dance:
Cheers

I am a big fan of Sta-bil. I have been using it for years and have had great luck with it. I add it to my bike on a regular basis, as my job take me from home for 3-4 weeks at a time.

I'm about to add my Seafoam becasue tomorrow my bike is going into heated storage for the winter, any suggestions on the best way to do it and how much to use? how do you measure it?

Thanks
Ron

I like it straight up on ice, however some of the Hardly guys smoke it from what I understand.
As far as using it for storage I add it to the crankcase, brake M/C reservoir, clutch m/c, coolant overflow tank and radiator, forks, differential, airbox, the faux scoops, and also approximately 95/5 in the fuel tank.
Then again my bike hasn't functioned at all since I started this regimine. It will last for decades in this state, though.
:blink000:

Back