How do you feed your Max addictions?:

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chug4life

Reaction score
I'm a heavy duty tire tech.

Remote airfill/containment

Work smart not hard

Hiab load control

Attachments

• 20211016_144210.jpg
    20211016_144210.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211016_120106.jpg
    20211016_120106.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210311_193302.jpg
    20210311_193302.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I just gave in to mine and sold my body parts to finance it.

All that's left of me now is my brain...no-one would buy it as they said it was devoid of any useful functions. 😭

Licensed motorcycle mechanic and motive power machinist. Was working for a dealership but I just took a position at heavy equipment shop as manager.

Licensed motorcycle mechanic to but have some health issues so do what zip can from home. I don’t do much to my Max but this little Luv truck sure eats up money when I have it.
I am generally really good with vehicles but this one is eluding me

Well for yrs it was by running big horsepower & bigger torque then most can imagine , was a Locomotive Engineer for over 20 yrs, enjoyed the job just not working on call 24/7 had no time to ride the V-Max . Bike is gone now but someday soon I hope to have another .

I am generally really good with vehicles but this one is eluding me
Pretty-sure the LUV was a 1970's Isuzu sold by Chevy, as GM had ties to Isuzu. It was a popular truck for a SBChevy swap. Kyle found one already well-along and he has pics on here showing the progress, it's an interesting build.

GM in the Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon (called the 355, 2004-2012) offered a 5.3 liter V8 (first year was 2009, last year was 2012), and a popular swap was a 6 liter GM. Even the 3.7 liter inline-5 cyl 355 trucks were capable of better than average performance, but you have to buy a program to re-set the computer top-speed limiter. They only came with automatics in the inline-5's and the V8 but the inline-5 cyl. truck would do over 125 mph with the standard rear-end in the tow package, an Eaton G-80 traction-control. Stock with the top-end limiter it's good for about 93 mph, for the inline-5 cyl, the Atlas engine, aluminum block and head. They offered a trim-model called the Xtreme, that had better tires, and no speed limiter, but I don't believe it was offered every year.

The LUV's and 5.0 liter Ford Rangers, and the Couriers (a Ford-associated Mazda import) were popular swap candidates, 'back-when.'

(19) Winter Projects | Page 8 | Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum (vmaxforum.net)

(19) Winter Projects | Page 10 | Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum (vmaxforum.net) post #186

(19) Winter Projects | Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum (vmaxforum.net) #12, look at those brakes!

(19) New motor in the Luv | Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum (vmaxforum.net)

Last edited:
Pretty-sure the LUV was a 1970's Isuzu sold by Chevy, as GM had ties to Isuzu. It was a popular truck for a SBChevy swap. Kyle found one already well-along and he has pics on here showing the progress, it's an interesting build.

GM in the Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon (called the 355, 2004-2012) offered a 5.3 liter V8 (first year was 2009, last year was 2012), and a popular swap was a 6 liter GM. Even the 3.7 liter inline-5 cyl 355 trucks were capable of better than average performance, but you have to buy a program to re-set the computer top-speed limiter. They only came with automatics in the inline-5's and the V8 but the inline-5 cyl. truck would do over 125 mph with the standard rear-end in the tow package, an Eaton G-80 traction-control. Stock with the top-end limiter it's good for about 93 mph, for the inline-5 cyl, the Atlas engine, aluminum block and head. They offered a trim-model called the Xtreme, that had better tires, and no speed limiter, but I don't believe it was offered every year.

The LUV's and 5.0 liter Ford Rangers, and the Couriers (a Ford-associated Mazda import) were popular swap candidates, 'back-when.'

(19) Winter Projects | Page 8 | Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum (vmaxforum.net)

(19) Winter Projects | Page 10 | Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum (vmaxforum.net) post #186

(19) Winter Projects | Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum (vmaxforum.net) #12, look at those brakes!

(19) New motor in the Luv | Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum (vmaxforum.net)

very cool. I am finishing off my Max over this winter (paint, powder coating, exhaust, blah blah) and then be looking for a “family hot rod” to work on for a few years with my kids like my dad did

Latest posts

Back