How do you remove the cowling?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgehrig4

Reaction score
I almost embarrased to ask this, but I tried what was described in the manual and it does not work. The manual stated to turn the key clockwise and then the diagram showing the cowling moing back then up.

My key only turns less than 1/4 turn and the cowling does not budge in any direction. Keep in mind I have to hold the ket with one hand to keep the lock from snapping back to the original position. With my other hand I'm trying to move the cowling in the specified directions but it sticks just as solid as when the key is not turned.

There has to be some trick or other step not specified in the manual?

Thanks
Jeff

Turn and hold the key, you may have to push down on the cover were it meets your seat. This should release the cover then remove per manual.

+1

Keep a little pressure on the key and give the back of the faux tank a little slap and it should pop right off. Mine does it all the time.

Yep, turn the key and push down on the faux tank. It will pop up a little then wiggle the tank toward the back of the bike and up.

Latest posts

Back