How Do you take lil pices of another coments?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poppop

Reaction score
How do you take lil pices of someones comments and place on your thread and respond,Make some words huge and others not?Got the color thing figured out .Looks like everyones got this but me?DUM POPPOP.:bang head::ummm:

How do you take lil pices of someones comments and place on your thread and respond,Make some words huge and others not?Got the color thing figured out .Looks like everyones got this but me?DUM POPPOP.:bang head::ummm:

If you look at the right side of any post, it will have a little button/box that says "QUOTE" in it. That will insert the entire post. You can edit the quotation as you need to in your reply.

Hit quote
YW7T5.png

Delete all but the thing you want to keep. Or change text if you want. The important thing is to keep the marks for the quote [ ] [/quote] stuff in place.

YdH3n.png

And type your reply.

Ekxnm.png

Result:

Dickbutts.

Add your own reply here

If you look at the right side of any post, it will have a little button/box that says "QUOTE" in it. That will insert the entire post. oK
Got the Color and size thing and remove respond How do you get multiple quotes on the same page?And thank you guys.And ninjaneer thanks for the video!

The forum code doesn't run the previews for the youtu.be domain that the share link generates. You have to use the normal youtube.com URL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCTIvMfJSpQ

Here's your video. Just copy/pasted from the top of the browser and took all but the watch?v=identifier part out of the link.

If you look at the right side of any post, it will have a little button/box that says "QUOTE" in it. That will insert the entire post. oK
Got the Color and size thing and remove respond How do you get multiple quotes on the same page?And thank you guys.And ninjaneer thanks for the video!

First thing

Second thing

Third thing

Just so long as you're leaving it with the end mark as well you can move it around as you choose. You can also nest a bunch of them if you want.

Personally I hate it when people use all the color stuff. The forum has several color themes to use and I like to use the black text on white background theme as it's easier on my eyes. I ended up going back to the default because so many of you guys color all your posts neon yellow, red, and green ... which is killer to read on the white background!

Just so long as you're leaving it with the end mark as well you can move it around as you choose. You can also nest a bunch of them if you want.

Personally I hate it when people use all the color stuff. The forum has several color themes to use and I like to use the black text on white background theme as it's easier on my eyes. I ended up going back to the default because so many of you guys color all your posts neon yellow, red, and green ... which is killer to read on the white background!
Killer for me too,Im color blind.Thank you zack.What end thing?

Double click on the text that is hard to read and it will be highlighted and visible... I have the white background/black text also. It is the vvblue option.

How do you take lil pices of someones comments and place on your thread and respond, You can even add or misquote people for fun. Make some words huge and others not?Got the color thing figured out .Looks like everyones got this but me?DUM POPPOP.:bang head::ummm:

I see what I did there.

Unreadable text because of color? You can highlight text very easy using your mouse which makes reading much easier.
For the uninitiated: Point your mouse at the end or beginning of the text you want to highlight, L CLICK, and then while holding the L click button down move the pointer to the opposite end of the text and release. In most cases this will give you enough contrast for readability. L Click again and the highlighting goes away.

Thank you guys.Owened a puter for 6/8 years.My son can blow through a puter in no time.Like all things if i cant get it one way,i,ll muddele through it another.Wish you all a great weekend!

Never forget when vmaxinID was messing with ol' defenseless 190's posts....I almost pissed my pants!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
Yes, yes and yes! Priceless memories there, thanks for the flashback!:rofl_200::rofl_200:
Here is 'ol 190 at the the other end of the keyboard...
elmer fudd face.jpg
A couple times he probably had to be restrained...
imagesCAY96WCP.jpg

Got it

If you look at the right side of any post, it will have a little button/box that says "QUOTE" in it. That will insert the entire post. You can edit the quotation as you need to in your reply.
GOT it

I'll post a vid in a few minutes
got it!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back