How Fast

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL!!....Your killing me FM!!.......I didn't know The Simsons did a parody of that scene!!....................:rofl_200:...........................Tom

LOL!!....Your killing me FM!!.......I didn't know The Simsons did a parody of that scene!!....................:rofl_200:...........................Tom

One of my favorite movies of all-time, a great Peter Sellers character loosely-based on Nazi Dr. Werner Von Braun, the rocket scientist. Of-course I am referring to the character "Dr. Strangelove," and not the Slim Pickens character (Major "King" Kong), who rode the hydrogen bomb to its Ground Zero impact or aerial burst co-ordinates.
http://youtu.be/RLPnnPHkIuc

An indicated 180 mph on a Suzuki GSXR 1100RR on the Cirencester by-pass the day before I left England and moved to the USA in 1995. Happy memories. I hope Interpol don't read this because the cop on his BMW R75 wasn't amused and set up road blocks within a couple of minutes. I always wondered what he clocked me at officially but never had the testicular fortitude to send a letter to the Wiltshire Constabulary and ask.

Chris.

only 140 going to work in Sarasota on the RF900. ....where it opens up s of sun city...on i -75

Top speed in a car. Did a run to 165 in a friend's turbocharged Fiero. That was a scary fun car! Sadly, he was never willing to sell it to me. Fastest substained speed was 130 (indicated) in a 76 Olds Omega going through the San Joaquin Valley one night.

On 2 wheels, the fastest I have done was 115mph (GPS verified) on a stretch of I-95 here in Maine last summer. That was on my 98 Shadow 750. (stock would have struggled to go past 80, and if I did reach redline, 102 was it. (amazing what gapless rings, high flow intake, high flow exhaust, and an aftermarket ignition with the curve set at "F***ING INSANE" can do for those extremely nutted down Shadow engines) I could have continued accelerating, but that would have meant a highly touching scene with the ass end of the car I was approaching.

On Woona, the fastest I have done is 90 (indicated) just because I was curious as to how quickly she could reach that speed. Yes, she will get there QUICK too! DAMN! The Max is an AWESOME bike!

167 = 1969 dodge charger (verified by police radar...another story)
158 = 2004 Cobra
170 = 2002 busa
140 = 83 V65

I just picked up a 220 mph speedo for my Turbo bike. We'll see after a speedo healer what she'll do. I think I ll try a mile actual track for a run like that though. Not sure if I want to be doing 200+ on the street really.

Here is tire spinning 150 mph run lol. This was a easy pass up to 5th gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U39IMAe8Sj4

945112_587874144579628_773088284_n.jpg

Ok I am screwing with you on the speedo shot above, thats when the bike turns on it flips the needles over lol.

Can tell from your hand on the key and the other with a phone camera mate lol

Yeah I posted that on facebook and got lots of flack and one praise for multi tasking at high speed. I don't think anyone paid attention to the reflection except my wife..... balloon popper she is...

I've gone 171 on my VMax (gps calibrated speedo)

141 MPH (indicated) in my old Taurus SHO

I've had my 2011 F-150 over 120 MPH (100 MPH limiter removed)

Here is a quick video of the VMax running up to about 150 or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbnkwA1jPP0

I thought a 130-135 mph blast up Route 3 in NH today on my 02 was nerve wracking and FUN. 150 mph on a GSXR seems so smooth and calming in comparison. Haven't gotten the nerve to go faster on my Max. It feels like the bike is going to come apart where as the sport bikes are so smooth at 150 +.

I've done roughly 137-140 indicated on my Vmax, very lightly modded. Most of my mods are cosmetic. It still had more to go, but I imagine not too much. Maybe 10 mph at the very very most. The max is about acceleration though, not break neck top speed, though 150 is plenty for me! I was on an interstate with my friend and his 1700 Yamaha warrior. He told me the Warrior was faster than the Vmax, and continued to list off BS stats he had read online like the warriors 0-60 being 3.5 and my year of Vmax being 4.9... :rofl_200: Needless to say, he was quite surprised when we both took off! We raced from one bride to another on interstate 840, it appeared to be a little over a quarter of a mile. We did a roll on start from about 15 or so. I was already walking him before we left 1st gear, and won by quite a bit, probably 3-5 seconds. He topped out at about 125 and I was still pulling strong.

I've never been very straight line fast in a car, I'd say 120-125 at most. I do carve up some backroads wicked fast though with my buddy and his 330xi though ;) Those things corner like a mofo!:punk:

Back