how lean of a main jet can u go

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmullins

Reaction score
Have morelys muscle kit air lid dale walkers 4-2 dyna 3000 setting #4 #150 main jet a/f 2 1/2 turns 1000 ft above sea level and still rich running around 12% a/f I have 145 and 147.5should I use 145 . Was at 152.5 mains changed then dyno with 150 didn't change much

Try the larger 177.5 PAJ2's and see what that does for it. It will effect the main though the biggest range is the mid range

I didn't install your hole kit sean There were four long skinny lookin jets Didn't know if I needed to put those in not

Did some searchin on the dyna 3000 and found a guy that did a dyno on the first 5 settings and from stock to the 2nd setting was the same 3 - 5 looked like performance went down just a little. So I put in the 147.5 main jet resync put the dyno 3000 on stock setting and went for a ride feels like I'm pulling a lot harder. So when I did the dyno with the dale walker hole shot 4-1 with 170dj mains with stock air box 90F out side was at 113.75hp today did the dyno with dale walker hole shot 4-2 morelys muscle kit dyna 3000 on setting #4 150 mj stock needles 50F out side and dynoed at 111hp wtf? Dale must be full of shit on his 4-2 pipes

Can u post ur dyno sheets that show where u are at. Are u going to fenders to get it ran? As i have been dynoing my bike i have noticed differences in the numbers vs. Engine temp and oil temp. With only a difference of two hp that not a huge deal. Bring it by the big barn sometime so we can mabie take a second look.

I Have my sheets but I don't know how to post pictures from my phone and yes I did do my testing at fenders and 1 at van wall

I guess with everything I added plus cooler temps I expected more not less with dales new 4-2 pipes suppose to be more HP over his old 4-1 witch I had on so I expected more not less

I have Dale's 4-1 on my FZ1, and it performs exceptionally well. That bike dyno'd at 141 rwhp four years ago.

Latest posts

Back