How long till carbs gunk up?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatbiker

Reaction score
Just curious as to how long it would take for sitting carbs to gunk up. My bike sat for over a month without me starting it and I wonder if a jet clogged up. I run Seafoam or Techroline in every tank and I never let the carbs go dry.

It all depends on the condition of the carbs when the bike begins to sit, storage conditions and how you've prepared the fuel in the tank. My bikes sat for 3 months with only having the batteries topped off once a week. I've been restoring my Ford Explorer and Dodge SS/T and haven't had time to ride. Took the bikes out yesterday and after the fuel pump had filled the carbs again, you'd never know they had been idle for this long.

All I have in with the Non-Ethanol, 93 Octane is STA-BIL. Other Stabilizers have been tested for numerous years.

The bike starts and idles fine. The fuel looks clean and as mentioned I keep either Seafoam or Techroline in the tank at all times. I was just curious how long I could let the bike sit without running it before the carbs started to gunk up.

Fatbiker

The bike starts and idles fine. The fuel looks clean and as mentioned I keep either Seafoam or Techroline in the tank at all times. I was just curious how long I could let the bike sit without running it before the carbs started to gunk up.

Fatbiker
I'm not sure the additives you are using are good gas stabilizers. They are good cleaners. The gas I've got access to needs a stabilizer if it sits for more than 2 weeks. I have a 5 gal. jug I keep full, for topping off my bike, yard equipment ect. and it gets stabilizer at every fill up, year round. The gas always looks fresh and no issues with it.

Latest posts

Back