How many beers to install voodoo exhaust?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

totalcomfort

Reaction score
Got a full voodoo exhaust system coming for my 07. Already got factory system off ( could have used a case of beer with that rusty junk) had to use a torch to loosen it up a bit. What am I in for with the voodoo exhaust? Tips from those that have done this are greatly appreciated. Can I reuse the factory heat shield on the back of motor? Thanks for all the great folks that help dummies like me on this forum.

I put a UFO system, which is very similar, on a buddies bike about 8 years ago.

It was harder getting the old system off than it was getting the new system on. The only scary part was the thought of scratching the new system parts (I wore mechanics gloves and wrapped paper towels around each part as I handled it).

The heat shield wasn't an issue.

Hold the beer until after you finish. You'll need your wits about you.

As Parminio said the hardest part is getting off the old exhaust. If you are good with turning wrenches you should be able to have it done in an hour & that is not really rushing. The heat shield is no longer used with the Voo Doo Exhaust. Leave the beer alone until you are done & then celebrate !

Fit all parts loosely, fasteners in-place, then go-around incrementally tightening things, and getting them to align properly.

I found a hex key 3/8" drive socket to-be a useful tool to speed disassembly. Hitting the fasteners with some penetrant (I like PB Blaster, or try the home-brew acetone/ATF mix) and a few love-taps on the fasteners ahead of time should ease the work, getting things loosened.

Assuming you have an OEM exhaust, don't neglect the fastener on the resonator box.

Last edited:
Zero beers. 2.5 whiskeys.

I have a similar task in the not too distant future I think. I recently sourced a very nice Dale Walker Holeshot full system and had it ceramic coated. Installed it last spring. Now I recently came into possession of a decent Kerker system. Guess what…

Whiskey time!

Well got it installed, not to bad just had to do a bunch of minor adjustments. Had to walk off a couple times when it was not going quite right. Only concern was the left rear down pipe, it seems a little to close to the rubber boot for the shaft drive. I pushed it as far away as I could but still real close but not touching.
Thanks for the tips guys.

Latest posts

Back