How many miles a year you put on your bike.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Well I am mapping out my trip and going to ride the Dragon on the way down if the weather is nice enough. If not I ll do it on the way back.

Just for me to get down there is around 1475 miles just to get to Florida if I take the shortest route. My side route which I will take most likely unless its raining or something, will be almost 1725 miles ( so a couple hundred miles out of the way ). It adds around 3 1/2 hours of extra time. But well worth to ride through the Mountains.

I may have calculated my mileage wrong for this trip. I am seeing 1400 miles one way on my bike to Florida with my Dragon ride. So 2800 miles there alone. (I am trailering to KY ).

I have a two day trip planned to Panama City riding the coast. That is 1040 miles just there and back, no side trips.

One day planned to Daytona Beach for Bike week, maybe do two days, not 100% sure yet. but that is 500 miles there and back with no side trips.

Key west is another day trip, that is 700 miles round trip, with no side trips.

4800 miles I have roughly planned and I still have 3-4 more days to plan out. I am guessing I might see atleast 5500-6000 miles this trip possibly.

BUT the whole deal is how well my wife likes riding on this bike. Well and me too since I haven't even ridden it yet LOL.

I plan on cruising the Everglades for a day, so I could probably see another 500 miles that day. I am sure she won't want to be on the bike the whole trip, so maybe I ll just plan a short to the beach ride of a few hundred miles for a day or two.

Sanibelle Island is only 50ish miles one way, that would be a good all day thing for her.

So chances are I ll have to get an oil change down there before I head back.

I should probably start planning my rides for Alabama in June, I might be way off my mileage on that one too.

Either way I think those two trips alone I ll have 10,000+ miles on the bike by then. Not to mention how many miles I ll put on it this summer with weekend rides. And I ride my bikes everyday to work as well ( which is 14 miles round trip a day, talk about iron butt ).

I might be able to squeak out another big ride before the end of summer. Maybe I ll head to Texas......

Todd

I've put 1500 on mine since I've bought it in 2011, but I've been deployed for 14 months total in that time frame too. I return from Afghanistan at the end of April and been here since Sep. So definately looking forward to your pics of your trip and wish I could do something like that in the future.

I got my V-Max in August of last year. I've put almost 6k on it already. The winter has really restricted my ride time. I still get out in 20+ degree weather as long as the roads are clear. But even those are few and far between these days. Cant. Wait. For. Spring.

There's a few Vintage events this summer I'd like to attend by getting there on my V-Max. Not to mention just the various events/rides that happen around the St. Louis area. So yea... I'll put on a lot of miles this summer I think.

2600 since I bought mine the second week of December, even with all the crap weather we've had. The brand new Qualifier I bought is already just about gone too. Oops.

That was something I talked with Vmax Mike today. 5000 on this trip and this tire will be gone. I am thinking i might need a tire before I head back. I havr a brand new Shinto hook up rear tire. But I would be surprised if the hook up would make 5000 miles. So I dont want to waste it. My spare rim has a pilot sport on it and its in goog condition too. I was almost thinking of shipping down there and changing thw rear before I leave and shipping my other tire back.

Todd

When I used to take long trips every year (3500 miles or so), I kept a spare rear wheel and tire so I wouldn't have to mess with getting a new tire on the trip. Use the almost worn out one around town and swap to the new(er) one for trips.

26 miles to work, 3 to 4 days a week, 3-4 weeks a month, 11-12 months a year, plus a couple long trips here there comes out to be somewhere around 8000 miles

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

btw todd, that's a killer trip youre planning for florida. on your way to the keys from daytona you should squeeze in a visit to kennedy space center in titusville

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I've been getting in ~ 7000 miles a year, some a little more, some a little less. Last year was a little less since I hardly got to ride in October and with the late rush of winter last spring It wasn't until almost June. Coupled with a couple late mods and weather thwarting my trailer bound garage work schedule it wasn't until almost June before I was able to ride.

Last year was the first year with my Vmax and I was able to put about 4k on it.

Back