How many people were influenced?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traumahawk

Reaction score
I just got thru watching a little 30 min documentary called Evel Knievals Spectacular Jumps. Its by the same people that did Last of the gladiators in 88, but this was in 86. So how many people remember watching him.....or better yet....playing with this? Which was my favourite toy, and yes, my brother and I would fight over it as kids.

Some how it makes you think of simpler times.

Attachments

• evel-knievel-stunt-cycle.jpg
    evel-knievel-stunt-cycle.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 27
oh gosh don't even get me started on my Evil Knievel stunt cycle, BEST TOY EVER !!!! dang puppy chewed his helmet didn't slow Evil down a bit though, he jumped just as well without it, loved watching his Wide World of Sports events on TV talked about it all the next week on the playground one of a kind legend

My oldest sister was a very close and personal friend of Evel and more so with Robbie. I turned down the lead guitar player gig of Knievel's Daredevil Band when she told told Robbie she had a filler for that spot. I was playing with Lone Star at the time.
She and Evel and Robbie and a ton of others have created a site called "Cycle Jumpers.com"
She is Janet Lee "The Flying Angel" on the site below----5th one down below Evel and Robbie. They still tour together.
http://cyclejumpers.com/

Never had the toy but did watch his jumps . I had a honda xl100 age 11. I used to take off the front fender and ride around like him ( small jumps I seen him wreck few sometimes )

I was too young to see a lot of his earlier stuff, but saw the snake river jump.....and the like.

oh gosh don't even get me started on my Evil Knievel stunt cycle, BEST TOY EVER !!!! dang puppy chewed his helmet didn't slow Evil down a bit though, he jumped just as well without it, loved watching his Wide World of Sports events on TV talked about it all the next week on the playground one of a kind legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2AZH4FeGsc

I had one of those.It has been so long ago that forgot exactly what it looked like.Man that brings back some good memories. I had alot of fun with it.

I was heavely influenced by Mr Knievel in the early 70's, followed him on TV and spent hours with my friends sending our bikes sailing off homemade ramps out front on the sidewalk!..................Good times!.............:punk:..........Tom.

My Brother in Law was Knievel's buddy. He had one of the Sky Cycle parked at the shop for years.
Knievel came to our Clubhouse and met all the guys too. Too put it mildly, Knievel wasn't a very
nice person in reality...

Oh yeah, I always watched his jumps. Sometimes the Wide World of Sports would cover them, other times they were specials. I remember jumping my Schwinn after one of his jumps, and bending the frame. As soon as I was old enough to buy a motorcycle, I bought one. I have a few scars from jumps gone wrong too!

I was heavely influenced by Mr Knievel in the early 70's, followed him on TV and spent hours with my friends sending our bikes sailing off homemade ramps out front on the sidewalk!..................Good times!.............:punk:..........Tom.
Oh yea. My buddies and I did the same. the best was watching a neighbor kid doing a jump on his "english racer" Raleigh 3 speed. landed on the front wheel vertically, hit the front brakes and slammed to the ground with the bike on top of him. :rofl_200: He wasn't liked much back then (kind of a bully) so it couldn't have been more fun to watch.
then years later I was talking to my wife's aunt's husband and he told me about his uncle being a former Indy racer back in 57 I believe. so I searched him online and found this.
http://donedmunds.com/fullsize/Eval/index.htm
interesting fellow overall.
later, bill

I remember watching him on the WWWOS and the various specials.
Many cuts, scrapes, and brush burns from wrecking my bike while trying to duplicate his jumps.

Also had one of these:
74ek3.jpg

I recall making junps from scrap lumber and cinder blocks or firewood. To much fun, many injuries and broken parts. I was captivate, it was like nothing I had ever seen. Of course I had to try it. I must have been 8-10 when I almost burned down the garage trying to fix a broken frame by "welding" it with an LP torch and a roll of plumbing solder. Man, good times!

Back