How many yellow MAX's made?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magna_dude74

Reaction score
Hell all,
How do I find out how many of my yellow 1994's were produced? I know it is a lower number than most, but I am looking for something specific that I can show off, thinking of some kind of cool badge or custom pin strip around the production numbers, similar to the 05 badging.
Thanks,

I don't know, but i'm interested as I have a set of the yellow tins that are gonna go on the '86 when it's running and up for sale.

Come on you guys, help us out over here!!!! I would like to know how many were produced, and how many were sold in each country, we may have the only (2) in the United States!!!!!!

I actually had a complete new 94 set including all new emblems, decals and rubber trim. It was one of the 4 sets I had at one time. A 94 yellow, 97 silver, chrome and my custom paint set.

Have sold all but my custom set due to financial concerns... :bang head:

Well I'm not sure how many were made but I have a 94 and it's yellow, I'm kinda new to the v-max but from what I have read I think 94 is the only year they offered yellow.

I could very well be wrong, but wasn't every 1994 V-max Yellow? In the U.S. anyway. I had one and I believe that anyone who bought one new in 1994 had one as well. If you think that the number made is going to be some cool unusual number I think you are probably mistaken. I'm sure that they made different colors for the years in different countries so world wide would be impossible I would think. It should be possible to find out how many were made for the U.S. market though.

Mine's a Canadian 88 and it was yellow.....it immediately got christened big bird after a mate seen it. Even now that its black the name has stuck lol

I saw a VMax in a tow yard in the city where I worked, lotta road-rash & damage, but some fool paid >$2K at auction for it. Not knowing if it ran or not that price was a real 'leap of faith.' :confused2: That was many years-ago, when the VMax was relatively 'new.'

Wasn't there an allocation of ~2000 VMaxes a year for the USA market? Yes, I know they sold a lot in '85.

I seen a Yellow 94 wrecked I an impound yard once

I saw a VMax in a tow yard in the city where I worked, lotta road-rash & damage, but some fool paid >$2K at auction for it. Not knowing if it ran or not that price was a real 'leap of faith.' :confused2: That was many years-ago, when the VMax was relatively 'new.'

Wasn't there an allocation of ~2000 VMaxes a year for the USA market? Yes, I know they sold a lot in '85.

I was at an auction once in Denver and tried to bid on a 2009 that is was estimated by the dealer 12k in parts to fix. Figuring since it was a total and internet pictures didn't do the damage justice.I had figured loss of value due to a salvaged title and nothing for my time. I took $2,600 with me knowing that is truly what it was worth to a builder. Some tard bought it off the internet auction for way too much. I figured after their shipping , buyers fees and the cost of the bike he paid aound $9,600 when at that time you could find a used one once in awhile for 13k. I wasted my entire day in hopes of raising my hand only to stand and watch one of the biggest Americas idiots win. The engine case was even damaged and not seen in the pics. I can say a true day that people with more money than brains gather together each week to help boost the economy! You go guys Lmao

G

Honestly I do not think Yamaha kept production numbers like car manufacturers.
Can one say "all" 1994 model years are yellow? Maybe someone here bought their 94 in a different color besides yellow. Forget those with used bikes and don't know the history on their bikes. Can't be trusted.
If all 94s are yellow, I think year production numbers are available for that, just not a color break down.

Just my 2 cents...had a yellow 94 and immediately had it painted something else...just my choice to go with a custom tangerine paint job over the 'caution sign' yellow...:punk:

Latest posts

Back