how much are flat side carbs.?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeltaz83

Reaction score
for $1,200 on a set of used keihin flat side carbs, according to pic. it comes with 4 39 mm flat side carbs. that come with intake boots, mounts..... is that a rip off?? seller says they are over $2,500 new. doesn't sound right, i can get a dual quad intake with carbs for my mopar for $2,500.

for $1,200 on a set of used keihin flat side carbs, according to pic. it comes with 4 39 mm flat side carbs. that come with intake boots, mounts..... is that a rip off?? seller says they are over $2,500 new. doesn't sound right, i can get a dual quad intake with carbs for my mopar for $2,500.

Not a bad price if they are nice......$1200 might mean he'll take $1000, that would be a good deal.

The problem is you cant verify they are %100 functional so your going In blind folded. I dont know how much carb kits are for those but hell the vmax kits arent cheap and if you need someone else to do them your up to how much new ones cost.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thats something we don't see often. A set of keihins with crossover so dual carburetion is a possibility with vboost running. That looks to be a home/custom made set. Heard that flatslides don't like Vboost but with the Ignitech unit it may be able to get tuned properly... Curious
I like the throttle connection using cogs... Would like to see more pictures, can you buy it so i can get my wish fulfilled?... LOL

I just sold a set for $1500 shipped overseas with new boots, hoses, throttle cables, and freshly cleaned carbs. BUT, I also warranty everything I sell so I have to take that risk into my products too. He won't.

Interesting setup. Not a PCW setup that I have seen? Maybe a cycleoneoff setup? The intakes are just modified stock ones though it means he kept the vboost. Would be great to test with and see how it actually performs.

The problem is you cant verify they are %100 functional so your going In blind folded. I dont know how much carb kits are for those but hell the vmax kits arent cheap and if you need someone else to do them your up to how much new ones cost.

i do all my own work, i trust nobody...... unless i know them. been working in a owner/operated garage for 14 plus years............ i'm just dreading the thought of rebuilding my oem carbs with 2 stripped/corroded a/f screws........ :tantrum:

Thats something we don't see often. A set of keihins with crossover so dual carburetion is a possibility with vboost running. That looks to be a home/custom made set. Heard that flatslides don't like Vboost but with the Ignitech unit it may be able to get tuned properly... Curious
I like the throttle connection using cogs... Would like to see more pictures, can you buy it so i can get my wish fulfilled?... LOL

i'd like to, but my wife would have my nuts in a jar if i went and spent that on carbs. you and i know that it's a good deal if they are truly 100% working order, but we trying to decide if we want to move to S.C. or stay put...... granted if we move i would almost be able to ride it all year round........ not the greatest weather here in upstate NY

i do all my own work, i trust nobody...... unless i know them. been working in a owner/operated garage for 14 plus years............ i'm just dreading the thought of rebuilding my oem carbs with 2 stripped/corroded a/f screws........ :tantrum:

I thought I saw a pair a flat slides on a local craigslist add. Your kind of local to me im in darien just south of darien lake!

Interesting setup. Not a PCW setup that I have seen? Maybe a cycleoneoff setup? The intakes are just modified stock ones though it means he kept the vboost. Would be great to test with and see how it actually performs.

Deffinently cycleoneoff same location to thats what I figure. Second picture on the right same sticker on carbs! And for the price he has them marked at 1200 is a steal.

http://www.cycleoneoff.com/TopFuel.html

I don't think it's a bad price. Might be had cheaper, or with better service /warranty for more $$
For sure not a rip off though.

I thought I saw a pair a flat slides on a local craigslist add. Your kind of local to me im in darien just south of darien lake!

yeah i'm about 90 mins. from you...... Elmira........... not the greatest, but rent is cheap and i have a garage for the max, and the wing....... i miss the country living for sure........ every time i go outside i feel i'm being watched, lol. but the neighbors are nice. and i like your avatar pic..... cuomo must go!!! lol

the bike sat for 2 years when i bought it last year, ran like crap..... but i put some sea foam in it, an kept running it, and i tried the pea shooter and thats when i myself stripped my dang a/f screws, but i got them out about 3 turns before i couldn't turn them anymore...... so i did what i could with carb cleaner, and sea foam, and re-synched them, and knock on wood it runs great....... i just keep using sea foam with every fill up. now i just got to get all my oil leaks, and stupid waterpump weep hole drip taken care of.... rebuilt the water pump, and it still fricken leaks...... i think i'm gonna get a new shaft and impeller an seal and try that, not much in there.

yeah i'm about 90 mins. from you...... Elmira........... not the greatest, but rent is cheap and i have a garage for the max, and the wing....... i miss the country living for sure........ every time i go outside i feel i'm being watched, lol. but the neighbors are nice. and i like your avatar pic..... cuomo must go!!! lol

If you move to the South Carolina you have the cash to buy these with the tax money you'll save. Maybe even two sets:bang head:

Not sure what engine setup you have now but the stock carbs are plenty for a stock max engine. If you're running a stock engine and don't plan on going bigger I would suggest you send the carbs to Morley to get the A/F screws fixed. You won't believe how well the Max runs with clean carbs setup for your environmental conditions. It took me a little bit to wrap my head around the carbs but I have mine running like an EFI engine (of course thanks again to Mark Milne and Sean Morley for all the help and guidance on that). I get 38 mpg around town and up to 42 mpg on the highway and I have a unicycle at will... I love it!!

Jus my $.02 for what it's worth. Good luck with whatever direction you end up going with.

Back