How much are you paying for bike insurance?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ViciousCycle

Reaction score
At age 37 on a '96 max I'm paying $75 a year thru Progressive. Liability only 300K/100K limits. Gotta love that!:eusa_dance:

What are guys with newer bikes/full coverage paying?

Damn, I thought I was doing pretty well till a read that post.

age 28, 97' Vmax, $300 a year, liability. I might need to have a talk with my agent (Allstate)

I have a few policies with them, 4 cars, 1 truck, house and the bike. Me thinks maybe the bike should be a bit lower. Then again maybe not since this is the first street bike I've had.

Calimus said:

age 28, 97' Vmax, $300 a year, liability. I might need to have a talk with my agent (Allstate)

I have a few policies with them, 4 cars, 1 truck, house and the bike. Me thinks maybe the bike should be a bit lower. Then again maybe not since this is the first street bike I've had.

Turning 35 helps, as well as a clean driving record. I got a quote on cycle insurance from State Farm when I had my auto ins with them and it was more like $300 or so. I ended up calling a multi-lines agent who got me a good deal ($60/yr) on my SV650 thru Hanover. Lately they've gotten better deals with Progressive, so the Vmax is with Progressive.

I have a 1995 Vmax and the insurance here in new york for me is $195 yearly for full coverage with 100/300/50

and I think that is real good.

Calimus said:

WOW!!! That's for liability only? I have State Farm and they raised it this year to $41.94 for liability and for the whole year. I'd check around some more if I were you.

Yea, I think I will since I don't have any accidents or tickets in my driving history. Not even a damn parking ticket.

Hate to seperate myself from Allstate, for nothing more then pure lazyness. I like only haveing to make one payment for all my modes of transportation.

Oh well, time to get some quotes.

I have progressive also. $75 a year, but I need to up my coverage.They have the best rates around here.

State Farm, 32, married. $232 per year. 500 deductible for comp and collision. I also have underinsured and uninsured driver. 50/100/50 for bodily injury and $1000 per person medical payments.

About $40 on my '85 Max from American Family, liability only. I'm 57 with a clean record for the last ten years or so. It's about $90 for my 03 FZ1 with full coverage. Yearly for both.

Wow, what a depressing thread! You guys in the States get great insurance rates. Here, north of the border, especially in Ontario, we get a nice royal reeming for insurance. :th_analprobestare: I'm doing OK with about $500 a year for about an 8 month riding season. I feel sorry for the 17 and 18 year olds that get a quote for $4000 a year to ride a bike!:surprise:

Well, so far all I've had time for was that damned Gecko. Shaved a whilw $9 off my current insurance bill a year. So yea, thats not worth it. Will have to look into some others and see whats up.

I'm sure it has to be a factor that I'm just under 30, have a 17 year old in the house and never had a street bike insured under my own name before. Maybe in a year or two the rates will drop.

Oh yea, I also have a clean driving record.

I pay right at $400/ year with Progressive. Full coverage with 100/300/50 coverage. My bike is an '06, tho. My '03 FZ1 is only about $300. Oh yeah, I'm 42 & married. Over 10 years riding gives a discount. So I'm told...

I just put my wifes fazer on the insurance with my vmax.It was $75 dollars for liability only.I had been paying the same for mine with liability.I told them I wanted full coverage now for my max also.The price was still $75 a year for my bike.I then added $5k medical for the both of us.It was an additional $106 dollars.So $275 a year,two bikes one full and one just liability.The best part is I asked how much for the full coverage on the 86 fzx 700 fazer?She then told me that it is too sporty.She will quote it for us after the other changes go through.My wifes says to me ,what the hell are they thinking?The fazer is sportier than a vmax?

57 years old, ride in Ohio with a clean driving record. Just bought an '07 Max and full coverage with Progressive is $454, but with my '01 V-Star added in, total is $451 per year. I'm good with that.

Damn, I thought I was doing good with $50 a month for full coverage through USAA on my '06 Max. But now $600 a year sound like alot. When I had my '95 FZR 600, I was paying $30 a year for liability only. Oh ya, I have a clear record for about 10 years now, married and i'm 36.

42, married, with a perfect driving recoord.
I'm with Farmers and paying $60 a year for liability only.
No full coverage and have not ever even priced it....

Rusty

Last year I piad about 350 dollars for liability only here in Dubai.
I am 50 and clean record.
This year I got a good quote of about 260 liability only.
I will snap it up as they are quoting 400-500 dollars here for new riders liability only..:damn angry:

Got ya's all beat.... Living in Ontario Canada where everybody and everything is fair... I'm 41, perfect record, ride a 93max, no collision, 1million liability I ONLY pay $1300.00 per year. Isn't that GREAT and I can only ride for maybe 6 months if I'm not going to be a fair weather rider. You guy don't even have the med coverage like we do up here. Well guess what, we pay through the nose for it. The thing is, we have no choice they know we'll pay it.
P.S Just a note : My son bought a car - I guess he didn't like my truck. anyways, for his own insurance policy they quoted him $4200.00 a year. He is 18 and this was before his speeding ticket. If I was to drop dead tomorrow he would never be able to drive my bike.....I can only imagine what he would pay for bike insurance. Our rates in this country has gone through the roof.

Back