How Much $ For The New 2009 Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Medic, where are you getting yours? It's not Meridian is it???

Knoxville. It was a good half way point between me and my dad, and I have friends there. :eusa_dance: I wasn't sure if I'd be in country when it arrived. I didn't want my dad to drive ten hours over here to pick up the bike in the event that I wasn't here. And good thing, too. I won't be here.

The dealership understands that the bike will have less than 5m on the odometer, and it will be kept on a roped off display stand.

My price reflects a few dealer discounts including $1k off for being in the military. I can't complain, they did me right. I got it for less than if I would have went for the Vrod Muscle, which I was also considering.

Knoxville. It was a good half way point between me and my dad, and I have friends there. :eusa_dance: I wasn't sure if I'd be in country when it arrived. I didn't want my dad to drive ten hours over here to pick up the bike in the event that I wasn't here. And good thing, too. I won't be here.

The dealership understands that the bike will have less than 5m on the odometer, and it will be kept on a roped off display stand.

My price reflects a few dealer discounts including $1k off for being in the military. I can't complain, they did me right. I got it for less than if I would have went for the Vrod Muscle, which I was also considering.

I don't blame you! Those homo's at Meridian are turd merchants. You know it's odd that some dealerships that are far from a military post seem to appreciate you more than the one's near by :ummm:. Either way you cut it, your getting a far superior product with the Vmax than anything that HD could manage to put together. Good choice!!!

well i finally got time to go by the stealers to talk final price of my 09' sitting there. i am feeling like the price they want to give me is high based on the ones i have seen on ebay and some of the guys here have paid. he tells me they are bring 17k to 17.5k on ebay i told he yea right they barely get into the 16k's. so if i can get some input from the guys here who have already bought their 09'S what is a good price for the v max not including t/t. i can use this info to help finish the deal.
Chris

well i finally got time to go by the stealers to talk final price of my 09' sitting there. i am feeling like the price they want to give me is high based on the ones i have seen on ebay and some of the guys here have paid. he tells me they are bring 17k to 17.5k on ebay i told he yea right they barely get into the 16k's. so if i can get some input from the guys here who have already bought their 09'S what is a good price for the v max not including t/t. i can use this info to help finish the deal.
Chris

Dealer cost is ~$15,400. You aren't going to get it much cheaper than $15,800 after they charge their setup/title fees. That's with affording them very little profit.

yea i heard the invoice was around that figure. he wants 17K for the max the number i am looking at is 16k plus t/t he told me he is not charging freight/ set up fees. so out the door with tax/ tags should be 17k to 17.3k minus my 1k deposit.
thanks for the input keep it coming
Chris

I do. I think it's grossly overpriced. If they could sell it for $17k in the first year (which already wasn't cheap) there really is no reason whatsoever to go up by almost $2000 in the second year without any improvements at all, and still no choice of color.

Conversely, BMW, who was always overpriced, is managing to sell their new superbike for less than $14000, and I'm pretty positive the build quality and finish will as top notch as any BMW has ever been.

1. Did you guys ever ride one?
2. Limited production only 2500 built 2009/ 2500 built 2010 limited production commands higher price.
3.Technology packed performance .... aluminum frame, slipper clutch, abs, ride by wire,I don't need to go on..and with 1700cc v4 current stock state is very mild.. without mods this bike is a hell of a quick machine, with mods OMG..
4. Nothing in it's class period.(and don't compare it to the Busa :damn angry: )
5.Price is what you are comfortable paying.. If you can't afford don't cry move on..Is this feature packed bike worth the current MSRP to me yepper :punk:
6.Compare this to a BMW why??? It's not the same class.. compare it to a Triumph Rocket III Roadster and your comparing apples to apples and for 1k more in price with the V-Max, you have a better looking, better preforming,better built, with advance technology, And most important it will make the rocket look silly.
7. My only wish .. only 2500 current 09 were built as they are , then Yamaha listened to the criers and re-released the first gen with BNC (bold new colors).....hahahaah

1. Did you guys ever ride one?

I almost did last weekend but Star wouldn't let me cos 'it was in the wrong line', so I had to ride a Warrior instead! Don't ask..
2. Limited production only 2500 built 2009/ 2500 built 2010 limited production commands higher price.

I'm sorry I don't follow your logic here. Built another 2500 of the exact same bike but add $2k to the price tag? That red paint sure is pricey.. :rofl_200:
3.Technology packed performance .... aluminum frame, slipper clutch, abs, ride by wire,I don't need to go on..and with 1700cc v4 current stock state is very mild.. without mods this bike is a hell of a quick machine, with mods OMG..
Hey no-one disagrees with those facts, but it's still overpriced.
4. Nothing in it's class period.(and don't compare it to the Busa :damn angry: )
Yes it is in its own class - no complaints here either.
5.Price is what you are comfortable paying.. If you can't afford don't cry move on..Is this feature packed bike worth the current MSRP to me yepper :punk:
Well this is where we can agree to disagree. NO it's not worth that MRSP.
6.Compare this to a BMW why??? It's not the same class.. compare it to a Triumph Rocket III Roadster and your comparing apples to apples and for 1k more in price with the V-Max, you have a better looking, better preforming,better built, with advance technology, And most important it will make the rocket look silly.
Compare to BMW simply because they have been similarly overpriced for a long time. And the the sub-$14k bike is about as technology-packed as the gen2 Max IMHO.
7. My only wish .. only 2500 current 09 were built as they are , then Yamaha listened to the criers and re-released the first gen with BNC (bold new colors).....hahahaah
Sure we can all dream. I saw a gen2 with 700 miles go for just about $14k on fleaBay a few weeks ago - now that's a lot more acceptable. Traditionally Japan has proven that they can make bikes of amazing quality at a very decent price, but I guess Star is trying to tap into the customer base that is used to overpay incredible amounts for 50s technology found in a certain brand of twins.. :biglaugh:

LOl your funny, that kind of thinking is keeping all of the cool bikes being built by the Japanese and Germans in Europe, Canada... etc and out of reach to Americans, You have proven Americans want the Harley Style of boring bike. You must be appalled at the price of a KTM's R or 990 adventure god forbid Yamaha Tenure arrives at our shore Way too expensive :bang head:

I don't think so. Ducati, BMW and most other European brands have traditionally been quite a lot more expensive than their Japanese counterparts, but it's always come down to a lot of factors like the much higher production costs associated with European salaries, cost of materials etc..
With BMW, you did always get quality and finish second to none, with the other brands, well, not always. Similarly, I would put Honda at the top in quality/durability/finish ahead of Yamaha, Kawasaki and then Suzuki. But then the prices have always reflected that too.

The only argument here is that the gen2 is overpriced, and the the '10 price rise was unjustified. No more, no less.

If it's worth that price to you, that's all good. It just isn't to me.

The only argument here is that the gen2 is overpriced, and the the '10 price rise was unjustified. No more, no less.

If it's worth that price to you, that's all good. It just isn't to me.

Then why post 7 times that the Gen 2 is overpriced?? I sense a little jealousy towards the second gen owners?? If you can't afford it just move on.... :confused2:

The bike is expensive because of the limited production and high number of orders. Not enough for everyone so price is going up.
When Yamaha will start to sell it widely or when there will be more 2nd hand price s will go down.
Just a usual market practice.

I think in Europe it's overpriced as usual, even if Euro is high pricing is always 1 euro = 1 usd ... it's like that for a lot of goodies sold worldwide.
It's like in Europe people are milk cows. Really hated that when I was there.

Here in Philippines a brand new bike usually cost at least 50% more than market price because of the taxes, importation and reseller fees.

I really love the new v-max but It's just impossible for me to get one at least for a long time.

Expensive hight end bike for sure.
Only time will say if it was worth.

Then why post 7 times that the Gen 2 is overpriced?? I sense a little jealousy towards the second gen owners?? If you can't afford it just move on.... :confused2:

As it goes I just sold my property in the UK and so could very well go to the stealers tomorrow and buy 6 of them. So affording it is not a problem.

But I won't out of principle, because as much as I'd love to own/ride one, I still think it's ridiculously overpriced and would much rather buy a lightly used one at the *right* price.

The '10 price hike is what I found especially annoying, considering there are zero improvements from '09 to '10 and it still only comes in a single color, which at this price is nothing short of outrageous.

I also agree with Diablotin that in Europe it's even worse - having lived in the UK for 20+ years I know everything about 'the great British rip-off'. Typically, we paid TWICE the price in the UK for an identical item in the States.

Latest posts

Back