How Much $ For The New 2009 Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I understand it, Europe will be getting just under 2000 bikes and the US 2500.....of course, if Yamaha manages to receive deposits for over the limited US run of 2500, the only difference in the next run is they won't come with the "Limited Edition Frame Badge" !! Yammi has already received deposits on 900-1000 Max's probably from the "wealthy must have's", however, unless the bike receives some spectacular magazine coverage, the next 1000 sales will be slow to come by. I was an inch away from ordering one and can afford the $6,000 too high pricing, but the more I look at it, the less I like it. Too many things would have to be altered and changed just to make it visibly acceptable. On another website there are side by side views of a 2007 Max and the new one. The last generation looks clean and uniform....the new is a hodge podge of mis-matched parts and colors......UGH !!

Thank you!!!! I thought I was the only one to think it looks.... well not my taste,$20.000 for a bike thats all blacked out,it would cost you a fortune to chrome it out half of the covers are not chromable[there magnesium] I like the motor its not worth 20 grand to me though.

Thank you!!!! I thought I was the only one to think it looks.... well not my taste,$20.000 for a bike thats all blacked out,it would cost you a fortune to chrome it out half of the covers are not chromable[there magnesium] I like the motor its not worth 20 grand to me though.
That is your opinion and of course you are entitiled to it. IMHO I had the 05 20th Anniversary model and spent over $6,000 bringing it into a modern and better handling bike. I reget selling it and have thought of trying to buy it back. Now the 2nd Gen Max is out. I too was shocked at the price and was determined not to get it for the first couple of months after it hit the internet. Now I am changing my mind are at least waiting to read the complete road rest of the magazines. The quarter mile E.T. will be very important to me on pulling the trigger on this bike.

in Hellas (Greece) 22.000 euro :bang head: ... very expensive :surprise::surprise:

Great Caesar's Ghost! Thats almost $32,000 USD! You must have some crazy import taxes there in Greece.

It's the same with the great British Rip-Off - it's ?16,000 over there, which at the current exchange rate, is almost $29,000 :blink000:

For the exact same bike, coming from the same country, made out of the same parts. . .:hmmm:

And then they give some of their tax money to the Queen and the 'royal list' of total wanky dossers! :barf::puke:

I ordered mine. 1k deposit and $16,900 out the door. It'll be here mid-November.:biglaugh:

Did you just order it? I did mine over the weekend and was told mid Jan to Feb.

Nice price. Any taxes in Ca.? Nj is killer.:bang head:

I paid 16.9K out the door as well including tax, delivery, etc. I put down a 1K deposit on 6/9. I spoke to my dealer last week and he expects it to arrive in December. He thought it would arrive in November, but was told that Yamaha had a delay.

Good evening all !

I think no one from Portugal came along to compare the price !!

So...to the question....the price here is 20.000 Euros. That gives 25.340 USDollars. (Yep I saved you guys making the account...!)

Thats with all taxes included ! Ready to roll !!

About our taxes here, I can tell you the insurance will be around 200 Euros (253 USDOllars)

We have to pay a tax every year to keep it circulating. That will cost 105 Euros (133 USDollars). In Portugal this is considered a robbery !!

I can tell you that I pay LESS to circulate with my Nissan Pathfinder 3.5, then to circulate with my XJR1300.......

Usually insurance comes cheapper along the years but circulation taxes come higher.

Depends on government flaws each year !!!

Regards
Alex

Well in the UK, the asking price is ?16,500 ($24,750 at today's rate - only a month ago it would have been $30,000:bang head:) and that's not on the road yet! (add dealer and registration charges etc etc) :damn angry:

Then the yearly road tax is another ?80 ($120), and insurance is largely dependent on age and 'no-claim bonus' (which you earn over years of insurance without any claims) as well as location.

This bonus gives you up to 50% discount on your premium.

Let's put it this way: if you're 18-20 years old and have no no-claim bonus, insuring an '09 V-Max will cost you around ?2,500 ($3,750!!!) for one year.
A 44 year-old with 5+ years no-claim bonus will probably pay about ?600 ($900) on average.

Average because in the back end of Scotland or Cornwall it'll prolly be half the premium, but in London, Leeds or Manchester it'll actually double!

All of the above for riding with compulsory helmet in seriously shite weather most of the year on the wrong side of roads covered in speed cameras - and nowadays - average speed cameras too!

That's THE GREAT BRITISH RIP-OFF for y'all to enjoy not being part of!

Boy am I glad I moved to Florida.. :punk:

Well in the UK, the asking price is ?16,500 ($24,750 at today's rate - only a month ago it would have been $30,000:bang head:) and that's not on the road yet! (add dealer and registration charges etc etc) :damn angry:

Then the yearly road tax is another ?80 ($120), and insurance is largely dependent on age and 'no-claim bonus' (which you earn over years of insurance without any claims) as well as location.

This bonus gives you up to 50% discount on your premium.

Let's put it this way: if you're 18-20 years old and have no no-claim bonus, insuring an '09 V-Max will cost you around ?2,500 ($3,750!!!) for one year.
A 44 year-old with 5+ years no-claim bonus will probably pay about ?600 ($900) on average.

Average because in the back end of Scotland or Cornwall it'll prolly be half the premium, but in London, Leeds or Manchester it'll actually double!

All of the above for riding with compulsory helmet in seriously shite weather most of the year on the wrong side of roads covered in speed cameras - and nowadays - average speed cameras too!

That's THE GREAT BRITISH RIP-OFF for y'all to enjoy not being part of!

Boy am I glad I moved to Florida.. :punk:

Give it time... I'm sure Obama will get the ball rolling for the same governmental controls here too.

I ordered my 2nd Gen. on June 18th for $1000 down plus $16,990. I was not charged the Destination, Assembly, and Set-Up fee of $455. Probably could have saved $1000 if I held off order for awhile. I thought they would sell out faster than they have. I came out of retirement and am working again to pay for the 09, plus sold my 85 and 93 max to my brother and my son. Kept them in the family!

I'm working part time wrenching on Yamaha's and Honda's at the Dealership where I ordered the 09 now. Damn! I should have started working there first and asked for an employee discount.:bang head: Guess I will get to put it together when it gets here in ????? December.

Walked into the local Yamaha dealer in Dubai yesterday....to my surprise Mr Max '09 was sitting there with the plastic still on the seat. Didn't think we would see any for quite a while?!

After "discount" they are selling for 76,000 AED......thats $20,000 USD. No tax, so thats pretty much out the door with $350.00 per year insurance.

Glad I got my '92 for $3000.:clapping:

I'm getting mine out the door, including the $1k deposit, taxes, and tags... $17,305. :clapping:

local guy here says he got his for about $16k-+tt&l, Went to Alabama or Tennesse I think, i'll get details and post later.....

Rusty

Latest posts

Back