How much weight is to much?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHVmaxpower

Reaction score
:ummm:I just had my wheels high speed ballanced the front was 3/4 oz thats fine but the rear took 3.5 oz's is this ok ?should the shop have broken the beed & tried to turn the tire on the wheel?:bang head:

There seems to be a small issue with the Shinko Tour Masters. There was some confusion on alighning them on the wheel. I had a shop do a set for me once and the wheel was lined with weights. Now I spin them on the stand and see where I'm at with no weight before I have them balanced. If I have to break the bead and shift a tire, so be it.

the best way to mount a tire is to find the true heavy spot, not always the valve stem.

I've never seen a shop take the rim off the machine to check before they mount it for what its worth.

3.5 oz seems rediculous. so thats what 14 pucks? 6/7 is usually the most i've found to be needed.

Yeah, I had to bust out my stick on lead weights to see just how much that is. Whoa! If they could not spin that tire 180 degrees, I would have exchanged the tire for another.

12 1/4 oz stick on weights .I meant should they have broke bead n moved tire on rim . I have alluminum valve stems that weigh nothing at all. The weight of a book of matches maybe.

Yeah that seems pretty extreme.
My Shinko TM 230 has 3/4 of an Ounce (3 - 1/4 oz sticks) on it.

Latest posts

Back