How stupid are weather men?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parminio

Reaction score
We all know how weather crews love to sensationalize the weather. Here in Atlanta area they're named things like "Severe Weather Center 2".

Yesterday they were hyping up the chances of snow in the North Georgia mountains. So I'm sitting here watching the news and here comes the weather and they've got one of their clowns standing out there in the dark with a small sprinkling of snow on the ground behind him.

In Deals Gap.

Drove all the way to Deals Gap (which is about 150 miles north of my house in Suwanee and I'm 35 miles north of Atlanta) to find snow for the morning weather broadcast.

:rolleyes:

Lol. I recall being amused by folks at work running to the window to see rain when I first moved to Arizona. Not really on topic about weather-guessers, but it triggered the memory.

No, it was real. But I think I know exactly where he was.

You know that hotel right there at the head of the Tail of the Dragon? I think he was up on that hill just past there. The snow was sparsely covering the leaves and pine needles on the side of the road.

I've remarked to my wife how the media sensationalizes everything to make their product more interesting. (Public broadcasting is such a contrast.)

There's always a "massive storm approaching" every 2 weeks, just like the Art Van furniture store in Detroit had a "once in a lifetime" sale every week.

Back