How to change seating position?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigitalArts

Reaction score
I find myself putting my feet on the rear pegs on the highway and I have even considered clip ons for the bars.

I miss the fit of the CBR I used to have as I find it very hard to keep my back straight on the Vmax, it always wants to curl and I want my knees bent more and my feet further back.

And I still haven't worked out what is up with the tail light, so I can't ride at night still. Do you guys think it's getting the ground from the neutral light since it only works in Neutral? If so, is there a wire coming from it I can keep grounded 100% of the time?

Check out this website! I want to achieve a seating position similar to the 02-09 Honda VFR.

http://cycle-ergo.com/

Hope everyone is doing well!

There are rearsets out there offered for the 1st Gen Max, but they ain't cheap. Still, that would give your knees the bend you desire. I have also seen several Max's on this site with clip-on bars mounted. It can be done, but you will want to make certain that you do not run into the issue of the control housings or throttle cables smacking into the scoops or air box cover.

Some people on here will cut down their seat to the position wanted. Its worked quite well for those that have tried it.

I find myself putting my feet on the rear pegs on the highway and I have even considered clip ons for the bars.

I miss the fit of the CBR I used to have as I find it very hard to keep my back straight on the Vmax, it always wants to curl and I want my knees bent more and my feet further back.

And I still haven't worked out what is up with the tail light, so I can't ride at night still. Do you guys think it's getting the ground from the neutral light since it only works in Neutral? If so, is there a wire coming from it I can keep grounded 100% of the time?

Check out this website! I want to achieve a seating position similar to the 02-09 Honda VFR.

http://cycle-ergo.com/

Hope everyone is doing well!

Groovy website! I wish I had known about this before I lowered my seat, changed rider peg positions, and installed different handlebars. It may have saved some experimentation to get me to where I am now on the bike - sitting almost upright, very small bend at the elbows, and knees at 90 degrees.
Yes, I'm an old guy.

About that tailight - I read your original thread. Someone must have messed with your wiring! Tailight operation should have nothing to do with the status of the neutral light and does not go thru any relays.
Power to the tailight comes directly from the ignition switch (blue wire). The same feed wire powers up the gauge lights.
- Are your gauge lights working?
- With the ignition switch in the "Park" position, is your tailight on?
Cheers!

Yes, time to run parallel wires from & to where the taillight wire loom is supposed to go. With the wire harness unplugged, and using the jumpers to show the darn light works, then you can proceed to try replacing one wire at a time to find-out why it's not working correctly. You might try wiring up another dual filament bulb, a socket you buy from the auto parts store, to ensure it's nothing w/the light assy. itself. Remember a thin blade of metal can remove the individual leads in the nylon blocks when inserted into the individual cavity containing each lead. Just do one at a time and make a sketch of where things are supposed to go, though you can always just look at the 'opposite sex' nylon block, if the wire leads are of the same color coding on both sides of the plugs, as sometimes they aren't.

Uz7eA2t.png

It appears that there are six wires coming from my tail light.. Two of them are black, can I just splice them and ground them to the motor?

Groovy website! I wish I had known about this before I lowered my seat, changed rider peg positions, and installed different handlebars. It may have saved some experimentation to get me to where I am now on the bike - sitting almost upright, very small bend at the elbows, and knees at 90 degrees.
Yes, I'm an old guy.

About that tailight - I read your original thread. Someone must have messed with your wiring! Tailight operation should have nothing to do with the status of the neutral light and does not go thru any relays.
Power to the tailight comes directly from the ignition switch (blue wire). The same feed wire powers up the gauge lights.
- Are your gauge lights working?
- With the ignition switch in the "Park" position, is your tailight on?
Cheers!

Thanks for the help old man! Hahaha and to answer your questions

- Yes
- Yes

Thanks for the help old man! Hahaha and to answer your questions

- Yes
- Yes

There are only three wires going to the tailight assembly - yellow(brakes) blue(tailights) and black (common ground) Look for the bullet connectors for these three wires above the rear fender. You will have to remove the seats.
Then do as Fire-medic suggested - make sure everything works, by using jumper wires from the battery - from the ground post to the black connector, then try the blue and the yellow (separately), with a jumper from the positive post. Powering up the yellow should light the brighter filaments of the two bulbs.
If everything is working, you should next check the voltage available at the supply end of the bullet connector for the blue(taillight) wire, with the ignition on.
Do you have a multimeter?
"Old Man"

Latest posts

Back