How to Embed Video on this Forum?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
Hey guys ive been tinkering my butt off and i cant figure out for the life of me how to imbed video into this forum. Anyone know how?

Ive been inserting the code that youtube gives me, i tried it by itself, wrapping code and html tags around it, you name it.

Like i said im absolutely stumped does the administrator have to enable something for me to be able to do so?

If we could imbed video that would be AWSOME, specially if more people made videos :red ass:

clintard said:
Hey guys ive been tinkering my butt off and i cant figure out for the life of me how to imbed video into this forum. Anyone know how?

Ive been inserting the code that youtube gives me, i tried it by itself, wrapping code and html tags around it, you name it.

Like i said im absolutely stumped does the administrator have to enable something for me to be able to do so?

If we could imbed video that would be AWSOME, specially if more people made videos :red ass:
Hi Clint

One of the things I'd have to enable is HTML support in the forums. This, unfortunately, opens the forum up to a hacker's paradice as active script Flash movies and embeded redirects to other sites can then be done. I'd almost have to moderate every post to make sure it didn't happen.
There is work arounds with programming code for BBCode which is safer than HTML support. However, I first need time to program it and then test it. Also embedded video eats up lots of bandwidth ($$) and users with slower Internet connections ( or with dial up) are not going to like the wait for the video to load. I like the idea of embedded video as it looks great, I'll see if there is interest in 1 forum here that allows embeded videos.

Buster Hymen said:
Hi Clint

One of the things I'd have to enable is HTML support in the forums. This, unfortunately, opens the forum up to a hacker's paradice as active script Flash movies and embeded redirects to other sites can then be done. I'd almost have to moderate every post to make sure it didn't happen.
There is work arounds with programming code for BBCode which is safer than HTML support. However, I first need time to program it and then test it. Also embedded video eats up lots of bandwidth ($$) and users with slower Internet connections ( or with dial up) are not going to like the wait for the video to load. I like the idea of embedded video as it looks great, I'll see if there is interest in 1 forum here that allows embeded videos.

I think it is better to keep it secure and just post a link to the video.
Hackers are at the door waiting for a chance to mess things up.:twocents:
________
marijuana dispensary

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back