How-To find the VMax Outlaw site thanks Sean Morley

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Sean posted this retrieval for the VMax Outlaw website which has a great repository of info. Lots of technical info, even magazine road and strip tests. As the boys from National Public Radio's Car Talk would have called it, "a great time-waster!" Check it out if you've never been there. Some of the content isn't current, but you will find plenty of info which will help you to maintain and to mod your favorite ride.

https://web.archive.org/web/20080111021702/http://vmaxoutlaw.com/main.html

Corrected!

Last edited:
I might have a backup of that site. I need to go through the files and find a place to host them properly.

It's one of my many projects at the moment.

Since the site is no longer active, are there any copyright concerns with Payne the information elsewhere?

Does any one have and be willing to share the original vmax outlaw v-boost installation guide? I miss placed mine. Thanks, Tom

Is there anyone still selling T boost kits ?
The 'no-$$' answer is to unplug your round M-F plug under the left scoop when the VBoost cycles open, upon turning on the ignition. That gives you the lopey idle quality that is so-mesmerizing entering/departing your local cruise-in.

Thanks again Fire medic, really want to have the option, so I guess add a switch and don't turn it off until cycling of the v boost. My bike actually had a switch when I bought it three years ago. But where they drilled the switch hole caused the plastic piece behind the electric panel to crack. Phil gave me a new panel, thanks ! Just wanted to hear that sound at least one time.

Sure, you could just wire-in a switch to break the power to the VBoost stepper motor. That way you coud have VBoost operating normally, and then throw the switch when you stop the engine, and turn on the ignition, to open the VBoost butterflies. Then re-start the engine, and watch the Harley Davidson boys envy your idle sound as you pass by.

Now you have me wondering what it sounds like with my stock baffles removed. Wow !
You have an OEM 1 piece megaphone/resonator box? There are no removable baffles. What some people do is drill out the rivets and remove the end discs, then drill a few large holes beneath that plate and reinstall it. I'd use some washers to space it out a bit, or weld nuts onto the end of the exhaust, and screw on the round end cap you removed. I had a nearly new (10K miles) 'Max someone did that to, and it was a subtle change in the exhaust note without being too loud or 'raspy.'

Nice to know that information, will take that to note. When I changed out the cobras and returned to stock exhaust the seller gave me an option to buy one with the end discs removed. He lead me to believe it would be much louder so I choose one with end discs.

I probably have one of them around here but they are more for gimmicks then actual performance. Email me at [email protected] if you want me to dig one out for you.

Latest posts

Back