How to install Morleys Muscle Jet Kit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bazwell

Reaction score
I have tried searching using words like morleys muscle jet install* fit* blah blah blah and I get like a gazillion posts that have some of those words in it.

Is there a how to guide anywhere?

The instructions on Seans website are pretty short, and I can't work out what I should do to start with, or which of the gazillion posts I should read.

If it helps, I have a stock 85 with Marks 4-2, vboost coming on at 4000, and COPs. I'm close to sea level, maybe 200 feet or so. I want it to do 8 second 1/4 miles and get 100mpg. :rofl_200:

But seriously, I'm lost here! :ummm:

to put on airbox:
1) remove stock. take note of the PCV hose coming up through the intake manifold and carb rack
2) trim a XX inches off of the PCV hose and save end (i want to say XX=2 inches, but i believe sean's instructions specify the correct length)
3) insert T-connector into PCV hose
4) connect oil-fill return hose from T-connector to oil-fill port
5) connect step3's saved hose end to T-connector
6) put in morely air box (while connecting the other side of step3's saved hose end to the bottom of the air box

rejet carbs and clip needles:
i think you know how to do this, no? if not say so and i'll find the appropriate how-to thread

Carbs :

+ Drill the slides .

Rollie,
that's the only thing I DIDN'T do installing the Morley Muscle Kit. Sean's directions said you didn't have to drill the slides if you didn't want to. Did you happen to check the bike's performance before you drilled the slides and then after ? Just wondering..... :hmmm:

Rollie,
that's the only thing I DIDN'T do installing the Morley Muscle Kit. Sean's directions said you didn't have to drill the slides if you didn't want to. Did you happen to check the bike's performance before you drilled the slides and then after ? Just wondering..... :hmmm:
No , I just followed Seans recommendation " for quicker throttle response " , which got my attention faster than " it will work without drilling " statement. Read the post instructions from mabdcmb / Mike , just below , and tell me what you think . :rofl_200:

Here's my adventure so far. It's the orignal thread to the attachment

I just moved from 4,300 to 300 elevation so I'm about to re jet.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=3411

Enjoy.

Awesome. I have read that one before, a while ago. Glad you linked it, cheers. :biglaugh:

I checked the wet float level and pulled off the carbs yesterday. I'm going to do a shotgun and fit the stuff tonight.
- I assume the needles in the kit are stage 7? I'm gonna fit those.
- I won't drill the slides. I can do that later if I need to.
- STD springs.
- I'm thinking 152.5 mains and leave the PAJ's for now.
- New DPR8EA-9's so I get a clean plug reading.

So got the kit all in but I'm lost with carbs...if it were fuel injected I'd be done already.

1998 VMax, Marks 4-2-1, morley intake and jet kit. Running Morley needles on 2nd from blunt end, 157.5 mains, drilled slides and springs. Stock PAJ-2.

Couple of questions:
When I reinstalled the needles should I have put the stock washer back on the end of the needle or not? Right now it is pointy end, plastic piece with nipple, c clip and no washers...is this correct?

Where do I start with tuning carbs is it:
Set Mixture for each carb
set idle
then sync?

I'm lost with the order in which to do things.

Lastly which are the mixture screws, which is the idle screw.

Thanks,

Dan

Tune from the max rpm down.

Get the mains where it pulls hard. 7k and up
Work on the transition point which is 6500-7500
also work on the transition of the low end to mid 3500-4k
set best idle and response with the mix screws

You should have the plastic screw > spring > large washer (the spring sits on) > Clip (the washer sits on) > Plastic Retainer (pay attention to the nipple on the retainer so that it fits into the slide when reassembling).

When doing "half" adjustments the washer goes in between clip and plastic retainer.

You can't sync too much! Sync may also require idle readjustment if it changes a lot!

Latest posts

Back