HOW TO: rebuild your starter motor (and eliminate Hot Starting problems)

Discussion in 'How To Guides' started by yukonerdave, May 8, 2010.

Help Support VMAX Motorcycle Forum by donating:

1. Sep 4, 2014 #21

kimble

kimble

kimble

Anyone in looking for full service kit for starter motor,i just bought one £27 inc postage.They do ship worldwide but this is probably better for UK residents. http://www.motoelectrical.co.uk/

Kit came within 24hrs of ordering.Lovely sunny day so straight out and on with the job.Not a great deal of hassle to do but being unfamiliar with water cooled bikes just took my time.The brushes were shot and the inners of the casing needed thorough cleaning.Now spinning over like it should and i'm a happy man apart from woke up this morning to normal rainy Britain.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  2. Jul 31, 2019 #22

markxiii

markxiii

markxiii

Hi guys is there a reason why I can’t see any of the pictures on this post? I took my starter apart but only received my rebuild kit a couple weeks after and can’t remember where the brush end connects on the insulated brush bracket. If you understand what I’m trying to say

3. Aug 1, 2019 #23

hurleyman77

hurleyman77

hurleyman77

Ditto markxiii. I'd like to do this work on my bike, and the images would be super helpful, if there's a way to get them back.

4. Aug 1, 2019 #24

markxiii

markxiii

markxiii

Well I managed to get it all back together, once I looked at the old brush plate.