How yo buy out of state bike?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

putin

Reaction score
I am buying bike in Florida, i am in California.. What owner is doing with pink slip? Fill it, sign and send with the bike? Is he detaching part and send it to his own DMV? Does he keep the plate or not?

He would still provide the title as normal. You MAY need a bill of sale to validate sales amount (most titles have places on the title for this) and he may or may not need to provide a signature that has been notarized (again some titles have places for this and some don't). Some states require it and some don't,

He would still provide the title as normal. You MAY need a bill of sale to validate sales amount (most titles have places on the title for this) and he may or may not need to provide a signature that has been notarized (again some titles have places for this and some don't). Some states require it and some don't,
Thank you. What about plate? He take it off or not?

Yes he would keep his plate I'd say but like Sean said each state has their own rules.

The plate stays with him & Florida titles do not need to be notarized unless they changed something since I moved . Most of the trucking places I have dealt with do not mess with titles the owner usually sends it priority mail .

I am buying bike in Florida, i am in California.. What owner is doing with pink slip? Fill it, sign and send with the bike? Is he detaching part and send it to his own DMV? Does he keep the plate or not?
You need to worry about what CA needs from you and inform FL seller. Seller doesn't care except money. Title should be sent separately from bike.
Buying a bike w/o looking is not a good idea. Whatever problem you'll find can be from delivery or seller.
Получишь гавно, потом не жалуйся.

Last edited:
You need to worry about what CA needs from you and inform FL seller. Seller doesn't care except money. Title should be sent separately from bike.
Buying a bike w/o looking is not a good idea. Whatever problem you'll find can be from delivery or seller.
Получишь гавно, потом не жалуйся.
Да уж это то понятно.

Hi sir
Just word of caution I try to buy new v max from Florida and realized dmv in California may not register it until you have 7500 miles on it if you know more about it pl share thanks

Hi sir
Just word of caution I try to buy new v max from Florida and realized dmv in California may not register it until you have 7500 miles on it if you know more about it pl share thanks
Cali DMV rules: bike "new" if less than 7500 mi. You will need three stickers- vin, engine, And emission label that states bike is legal for CA standarts. Most modern bikes have it. 2007 vmax - under airbox cover. Suzuki m50 - on the frame. Make appointment with DMV, officer will check labels and thats it.

Back