HP upgrades

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decter

Reaction score
Starting to look around at several after market upgrades for my bike. As a base line, what it the max I should look to aim for in regards to rear wheel horsepower without doing any crazy modifications?

Thanks,
Nick

stock is like 100-110 usually (depending on the dyno), jet kit and exhaust shoudl put you around 110-120+ at the wheel.

1. How mush faster do you want to go ?
2. How muck quicker do you want to be ?
3. How much $ do you have to spend before the word CRAZY applies ?

:punk:

Starting to look around at several after market upgrades for my bike. As a base line, what it the max I should look to aim for in regards to rear wheel horsepower without doing any crazy modifications?

Thanks,
Nick

The higher the mileage the more power potential on these bikes. 50-60k bikes have the potential to get into the 130's with "bolt on's" while bikes under that need to have a goal in the 120's.

In other words: they run fastest right before they blow up?

Rollie,

Could have quantified that better. Crazy mods such as boring out the cylinders.

So, aside from bolts on, which I assume to be exhaust and carb/intake kits, what else can I do and is it feasible to get into the 140's?

For the 140's Click on this link.....

http://www.morleysmuscle.com/

and looking at doing some engine work.....or swapping to a 1300 venture engine, and swapping over every "Vmax" part.....heads...cams...etc. or maybe nitrous.

They do make blower kits as well....if you wanna stay bolt on...

Last edited:
The higher the mileage the more power potential on these bikes. 50-60k bikes have the potential to get into the 130's with "bolt on's" while bikes under that need to have a goal in the 120's.

Please explain why this is. I would think that after a normal break-in period, resistance would be minimal.
Cheers!

In the 1/4 mile or top end ?

Rollie,

Could have quantified that better. Crazy mods such as boring out the cylinders.

So, aside from bolts on, which I assume to be exhaust and carb/intake kits, what else can I do and is it feasible to get into the 140's?

Horse power, not speed.

Looking to get the most power out of the bike without dramatically altering the bike itself.

OK then . Crank HP is close to 140 , rear wheel stock is probably around 110 -115 stock. Stage 7 or Morleys Carb Kit and headers with 4-1 pipe will get you to 120-130 . Only 10 more to get. Radials and 17" wheels will make you quicker too. ? Did you mention the $ # you had to work with ?

QUOTE=Decter;351192]Horse power, not speed.

Looking to get the most power out of the bike without dramatically altering the bike itself.[/QUOTE]

The hp #s you want you wont see unless you are going to spend big bucks on mods, more radical you go the less reliable your bike becomes. If i was you and you want monster hp there are so many newer bikes on the market today you could buy for what you would have into the mods of your vmax.

The jump to 130 HP from 120-125 is going to cost you. If doable at all with O.E.M. Carbs. Swaping in a stroker crank after full exhaust and a carb. kit is the best bet and cost effective somewhat.

I'm thinking TURBO . I believe we were pretty close a couple years ago . How's that working out for us so far Turbo guys ? :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

120 hp is a good number that will retain reliability. 10 more horsepower after that you dont notice much more compared to the first 10 hp and the money spent. After 130 hp you can expect to have to upgrade other area to maintain reliability.

Like it was already said, if you really want to go faster buy a newer bike and save the money and reliability issues.

If you want 1/4 mile power, Busa or ZX14 is the only way to go cheap. You can take a stock Busa or ZX14 into the 9's all stock for under $5000. Nothing else will take you there that fast for so little investment.

Todd

In our experience these engines aren't even full broken in by 100k miles. They just make more and more power with the increased mileage. BUT, don't expect to see the 140rwhp that magically shows on some other competition dyno's with a stock internal engine (without a power adder). Turbo, blower or Nitrous can easily get you well over that number (we have options for all the above).

Sean

Back