Hydraulic bleeding tools, which do you use?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnmax

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a hydraulic bleeding tool. A Mighty Vac or Motion Pro has one.

What do you use instead of one of these units?

Anyone ever use one of these?

Do they work well?

Any other suggestions?

I know of one guy that says they work....another said they don't. I went with a Mityvac.

I am about to get one.It really blows pumping the brakes 200 and some times to bleed a new system.

Ive never used a vac bleeder I have always gravity bled all my hydraulic systems
I use a piece of clear tubing and open the bleeder screw and let it drip into a can for about 15 mins and close the screw all done

Check the levek while doing this

Ive never used a vac bleeder I have always gravity bled all my hydraulic systems
I use a piece of clear tubing and open the bleeder screw and let it drip into a can for about 15 mins and close the screw all done

Check the levek while doing this

If I understand correctl that would be bench bleeding, right??

I was on the Mityvac site looking at the instructions and you can use the mityvac to do bench bleeding. I think this is the method Im going with.

Thanks guys

If I understand correctl that would be bench bleeding, right??

I was on the Mityvac site looking at the instructions and you can use the mityvac to do bench bleeding. I think this is the method Im going with.

Thanks guys

I believe bench bleeding is used in the automotive field when a new master cylinder is replaced They put the master cylinder in a vice and acuate the plunger while holding there finger over the holes

I use the GRAVITY form to bleed all
Simple gravity draws the fluid down to the bleeder

I believe bench bleeding is used in the automotive field when a new master cylinder is replaced They put the master cylinder in a vice and acuate the plunger while holding there finger over the holes

I use the GRAVITY form to bleed all
Simple gravity draws the fluid down to the bleeder

Same here. I've changed the fluid out on mine twice by simply putting tubing on the bleeder, opening it and letting it drain while maintaining the fluid level in the reservoir.

But I've never technically opened my system by breaking a line connection or rebuilding a caliper and am not sure if this method will remove trapped air.

I've got an old refrigerator compressor I use for a vaccum pump on A/C systems and have also used it to pull a vaccum on a jar with a line coming out of it to hook up to the bleed valves on vehicles after having done brake work on them and it worked pretty good.....It'll pull the fluid out fast enough that it will get the air also even with the bubbles fighting gravity but you have to definitely keep up with the reservoir level when doing it that way.

MityVac..you can also use it to vacuum seal your jerky.

I bought the mighty vac. I got one that is metal, it's rebuildable and comes with a case. I used it last weekend. No problems.

I just got the #04000 today.Did front brakes on the fazer.Completely dry inside.Swiched to dot5 and it worked slicker than shit!Beats the hell out of pumping the lever 500 times.

I don't pump the lever much but I use a combination of the vac and squeezing the line (which is not normally recommended).

Sean

I have pulled my hair out a multiple times doing it without the vac and with it it's almost a joy! I want to get one though that has less hoses... One where the catch tank is attached to the pump itself. :confused2:

Latest posts

Back