hydraulic clutch oil

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samy

Reaction score
Hello guys.
I have lost some good amount amount of hydraulic clutch oil. Wanted to know the type of oil to fill it up.
Can someone help me out.
Have lost brake oil as well.

Thank you

If you add your location below your screen name, that might help with someone close-to you from the forum.

DOT 3, DOT 4, or DOT 5.1 but NOT DOT 5! I am assuming that you are referring to the clutch master cylinder, and the brake master cylinders, front or rear.

To find-out where the clutch fluid is going, place a few sheets of paper under the engine, if the clutch master cylinder is leaking, you will see fluid on the paper below the left rear side of the engine, roughly in-line with your left footpeg.

If the front brake or clutch master cylinders are leaking externally, you usually will have brake fluid dripping down the lever(s), and falling-off it/them onto the floor, at the ball on the end.

If the front brake or clutch master cylinders are leaking internally, you usually will have brake fluid being bypassed by the seal for the piston inside the master cylinder, you will lose brake or clutch function, and the lever will come-back to the handlebar with no resulting braking of clutch release. A rebuild kit or a new master cylinder is in-order. Since they're still available, I usually buy a new master cylinder instead of trying a rebuild.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back