Hydraulic line shortening?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjaneer

Reaction score
So last year I upgraded my lines to SS. The slack in the clutch line and in the line from the master brake cylinder to the splitter wasn't too disconcerting back then, but now the slack is annoyingly unsightly.

So I'm thinking of shortening them. Don't worry I'll leave some play, but right now it's redonkulous.

My questions are:

1. should i?
  2. what size, make, style of banjo bolts do I need?
  3. where can I get some?
  4. is there a special tool needed (e.g., banjo bolt crimper)?
  5. any gotchas or keep-in-minds?
Thanks all

Where did you get them from? We can probably send them in to have them reworked for a reduced cost (when compared to buying a new set). It does require some specialized tools and many times you can get a local area business to do some of the work. I think there are even some do it yourself kits on the internet that allow you to do it.

Sean

I will be doing the same. I will go to a brake hose manufacturer to get it done. The are generally using a little hydraulic swaging tool, and have a stock of the fittings.
It's really the only way.

I will be doing the same. I will go to a brake hose manufacturer to get it done. The are generally using a little hydraulic swaging tool, and have a stock of the fittings.
It's really the only way.
That's the best bet. We have a place near by called the Hose Connection. They can make up almost anything. They stock all kinds of braided and rubber hose and fittings. I'm sure you'll find a similiar place there.
Steve

Latest posts

Back