hyper flash

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swrsmik

Reaction score
I replaced my signals for smaller ones and now have hyper flash.been there,fixed that before.flasher for my bike is $30+,my other bikes were about $10. I can get resistors for $7. But don't want to go that route.my question is are there cheaper flashers for the max(led style)or can it be converted easily to a more common flasher like a 3 pin?I'm not cheap,just broke right now.lol

I replaced my stock w/ a 2 wire set no running lights. I broke a bulb and replaced it 2 times & I still have hyper flash only on the right side. Ive checked grounds twice all connections are soldered not crimped. I guess I will have to get a replacement bulb from where I got the lights.

If bulb is smaller,that will happen.mine are 2 wire wedge style bulbs not leds.at first they were a little faster,I put smaller bulbs in front and now they are really fast(use less power).mine are mini ($5. EBay)clear lens amber bulb.didn't like the amber so I got Chrome bulbs that light up amber so you can't see bulbs.the flasher looks to be 5pin,want to switch to 3 pin which is cheaper.not sure if it will work.your replacment bulb may use less power causing the issue.less power makes it think a bulb is blown causing fast flash just like a car with a bulb out.

Will fast flash hurt anything? I kinda don't mind it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

When I changed my flashers over to LED and or small bulbed flashers ,I changed to a LED flasher unit.An easy mod to do ,as in,I used the brown and the brown/white wire from the OE flasher unit and put female spade connectors on the ends and put them on the new unit. You lose the auto cancel and sometimes when you do this mod all the flashers act as hazard lights .So you remove the flasher bulb in the instruments or add diodes to the circuit .I believe you can buy a gizmo from Western or Eastern Beaver which does the same job or it might be Kuryakin who can supply the gizmo.I don't use the original speedo anymore and my speedo has individual lights for the left and right.OK so you should be well and truly confused by now.Cheers Kevman.

I bought 5ohm 50 watt resistors on Ebay. Cost like six bucks for two. I used one per side, and they worked fine. I did the wiring under the seat, so nothing is visible. Just wire the resistor in parallel with the bulb. Solder and heatshrink tube, and yer done. I bought regular bulb signals, but changed to leds. They both flashed fast till I added the resistors. The resistors slowed down both types of bulbs. I went back to filament bulbs as the leds weren't bright enough.

Also, I did not notice the resistors getting hot, as was mentioned in the instructions for the resistors.

The signals are the mini oval type with the small push-in type bulb. like a car's license plare bulb.

Latest posts

Back