Hypothetical Question: If You Were A Drifter...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'd be on my 1200 Sportster, Rubber Mount Engine and 60 MPG. It's pretty well modified and runs fast (For A Harley) to well over 100 Mph. I'd do 100 miles or so a day and stop at free scenic sites. There's a lot to see in the USA. Then Came Bronson Style.

In that case I'd want the 'Billy Bike' from Easy Rider, lots of money a good gps.

Like this?

From the H-D Museum, Milwaukee.

In that case I'd want the 'Billy Bike' from Easy Rider, lots of money a good gps.

Attachments

• May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 124.jpg
    May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 124.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 17
  • May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 126.jpg
    May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 126.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 14
  • May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 128.jpg
    May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 128.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 15
  • May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 129.jpg
    May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 129.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 17
  • May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 130.jpg
    May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 130.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 14
That's the one!! :clapping:

I just couldn't snuggle up to the Capt. America Bike, but the Billy Bike was, and still is, my all time favorite chopper!

I remember reading a story YEARS ago and it was comparing Captain America to the Billy Bike. The Author said that everyone was drawn to Capt America, but after 1 trip up the road, and TRYING to turn around, the Billy Bike was the one that everyone wanted to ride from then on.

I remember reading a story YEARS ago and it was comparing Captain America to the Billy Bike. The Author said that everyone was drawn to Capt America, but after 1 trip up the road, and TRYING to turn around, the Billy Bike was the one that everyone wanted to ride from then on.

I'm sure! Without rockers to kick the axle forward the pressure on the bearings in a slow turn would be tremendous.....not a good set up at all....shouldda been a Springer.

On a side note, I never knew the remaining 2 bikes were stolen..........wonder whose 'private collection' they reside in now? :hmmm:

One of the great Renaissance men who had a great part in the making of the bikes for the movie Easy Rider but who was ignored by the press due to ignorance or a lack of attribution by the stars, recently died. His story is worthy of a movie of its own, given his involvement in one of the most-successful movies ever made (it cost less than $1/2 million to make and generated $60 million in profits http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064276/business?ref_=tt_dt_bus and his other interests, specifically early civil rights work, where he rode his chopper and drove his pickup truck into the deep South in the early 1960's while working on-behalf of SNCC, actually experiencing some of the treatment that would become parts of the storyline in Easy Rider.

During the making of the movie, he was fired from his role as a producer, and apparently never benefited from the initial success of the movie. Fonda finally attributed Vaughs credit for his involvement but 40+ years later.

Here's some info on the guy credited with doing much of the work behind the scene on Easy Rider, Cliff Vaughs: http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-cliff-vaughs-appreciation-20160707-snap-story.html

More: http://beforeitsnews.com/motor-junkies/2012/01/uneasy-rider-the-cliff-vaughs-story-1605042.html

A pic of Vaughs in May, 1964 during a civil rights protest, he's the one being held by the National Guard:

9a463b61cfe2dbb6ba4ff7c4c53fc87039e73020.jpg

450x450

Vaughs before the making of Easy Rider:

2a06500a0cea9ca21bf2f0b39d0255885cd297f9.jpg

No. it's now. I got the factory bars with the additional upper sections so I could get the side panels off more easily. I just haven't gotten around to putting the extra light bar in the middle. I can't decide how bad I want to fab up a bracket. I might just not even put it back on now that I've gotten the cyclops adventure LED headlights.

No. it's now. I got the factory bars with the additional upper sections so I could get the side panels off more easily. I just haven't gotten around to putting the extra light bar in the middle. I can't decide how bad I want to fab up a bracket. I might just not even put it back on now that I've gotten the cyclops adventure LED headlights.

Wow, are they the 8K (4k ea.) lumen H7"s? They should solve your issue with bulb burnout since they are LED's.

Mine are the 3200 lumen ones each (missed the update by like a month), but they are fantastic. I think the burnout issue was using fancy bulbs. Cheap crappy ones seem to last.

Mine are the 3200 lumen ones each (missed the update by like a month), but they are fantastic. I think the burnout issue was using fancy bulbs. Cheap crappy ones seem to last.
I remember you saying that the cheap one were lasting better. 3200 lumens sounds pretty good too, and Cyclops has a great reputation for quality.

It's a huge difference in the amount of light. I've got 6400 lumens just from the headlights plus my driving lights which barely make a difference now. I put yellow covers on them for conspicuity. I'll send you a night pic. I'm thinking about a cyclops h4 for the max.

I would use my Vmax. It rides nice and smooth and I cut down my seat and replaced the cut out portion with some memory foam, so it's pretty comfortable. It has tunes and plenty of storage space.

I'd probably swap out the stocker to a Venture rear end and pull a trailer like this one: https://www.roadmancampers.com/store

That's a lot more than the bulb, but I bet it's really nice.

True, but while my 55/100 bulb is very good on high beam it is also somewhat cut up by the lens. I like the look of this bulb but so far have not found a comparison video, the video search continues.
One thing I'm really looking for is amount of "throw" the light has for early warning of the wildlife on and beside the roadway. My current high beams are great for "throw" but it's like turning the light off when I go to low beam.

Back