I bought a new bike, the most powerful production bike.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
I just picked this up tonight! 2008 ZX14 with 7000 miles, I can't even tell you how much, but I ll say it was the same price as the asshole in Ohio that had the 2001 Busa I didn't buy!

Ok so 2012 was really more powerful than my 2008. Factory claims 200 crank horsepower with ram air, 115 ft lbs of torque. Rear wheel dyno numbers show 170-175 rwhp stock out of the box... wait till I add a few goodies. I ll push for 200 hp at the rwhp before nitrous :biglaugh:

So now I have my cake and can eat it too. A bike capable of 8 second 1/4's slammed, a 6" extension and a pipe and tune. Solid 8.70's-8.80's area with a 40 shot bottle on it. Capable of touring across the country or going to the corner store, 38 mpg on avg and a 5.8 gallon tank so I should see 200-220 miles per tank!

I ll let you all know how true it is.

Todd

I know you all love my videos right after I bought a bike.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjYLO6Q-lRo&feature=youtu.be

Nice bike, I had the blue 2005 ZX12R it ran low 10s with jet kit and exhaust. I'm getting a little to old for sport bikes. I have 1 sport bike lift 1994 ZX7 with race motor ZX9. Got a lot of money tied in to it. I keep sometimes at my Mom and Dads old house.. I still have it my wife telling me to sale it...

The zx14 is very fast.

Attachments

• P1010113.jpg
    P1010113.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 50
Nice! You have many fun times ahead of you. Planning on completing all of your modifications before your riding season gets back into full swing in the spring?

Nice bike, I had the blue 2005 ZX12R it ran low 10s with jet kit and exhaust. I'm getting a little to old for sport bikes. I have 1 sport bike lift 1994 ZX7 with race motor ZX9. Got a lot of money tied in to it. I keep sometimes at my Mom and Dads old house.. I still have it my wife telling me to sale it...

The zx14 is very fast.

A 2005 ZX12 would have been fuel injected not carburated bud. My best friend has a 2000 ZX12 that's very fast, he went a best of 9.8's with a dyna and a titanium exhaust and extended 3" it's a 1290 something now, just got it back from Shnitz earlier this year but hasn't raced it yet. Ken B (not sure his screen name on here) with a gen 2 Vmax on here also has a 14 and races it at 131 dragway a lot and it runs well, not sure he wants his times broadcast so I'll let him chime in if he chooses. Good choice Todd but I'd have to buy a new front end because those damn 14's look like a beetle from the front, the rest of them are sharp and good runners.

sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk

A 2005 ZX12 would have been fuel injected not carburated bud. My best friend has a 2000 ZX12 that's very fast, he went a best of 9.8's with a dyna and a titanium exhaust and extended 3" it's a 1290 something now, just got it back from Shnitz earlier this year but hasn't raced it yet. Ken B (not sure his screen name on here) with a gen 2 Vmax on here also has a 14 and races it at 131 dragway a lot and it runs well, not sure he wants his times broadcast so I'll let him chime in if he chooses. Good choice Todd but I'd have to buy a new front end because those damn 14's look like a beetle from the front, the rest of them are sharp and good runners.

I no it's fuel injected - I think me I should no funny my bike - the kit was called a dynojet intake performance kit for the zx12R The bike ran very low 10s all day long almost 9's.... I only ran it few times. At the track. I sold it few months ago before I bought the vmax I have now. I bought the bike new in 2005.

Way to go Todd! now THAT is a bike that you can enjoy with very little work. If it dosen't rain tomorrow, its going to be in the 50s! I predict tire smoke in the Washington area!

Get an extended swingarm for it and enjoy very quick trips on it!

I love how you all post with " I had ". I might soon say I had 3 ZL 900's and a a Vmax once. Lol

I am going to try and resist the urge to put parts one it over the winter, and leave it as is , stock exhaust and all, take it to the track and get a base run, and to the dyno down the road and get base numbers. Make a change and then get another track day and maybe dyno day.

My plans are

1 strap and lower the bike
2 stretch the bike
3 exhaust for the bike
4 reflash the ECU or PC5 with auto tune possibly.
5 Shinko Hookup tires on a spare rim for the track ( I already have tires since they were for my busa originally )
6 ZX10 wheels possibly since I hear they are lighter
7 Air Shifter and quick shifter setup
8 40-60 dry shot

The bike already has a double bubble, bar risers, tre with gear indicator. I am going to check and see if the flies are still in it, or if someone pulled those out. If not I ll pull those out after I make a few runs at the track and a dyno pull. I might go to the dyno, make a full pulls, then pulll the secondary flies and make a few more pulls. Your supposed to be able to get those out in about an hour. So we'll see. Supposed to be good for a solid bottom end increase.

I am going to wash it later today and get some good pictures.

If you see the bike in certain light, it looks awesome metallic blue!

Todd

Which bike is faster a Busa or a ZX 14 stock? Are you and Mike going to go for bragging rights at the track?:rofl_200:

Which bike is faster a Busa or a ZX 14 stock? Are you and Mike going to go for bragging rights at the track?:rofl_200:

These bikes are closely matched ( the Gen 2 busa and Gen 2 ZX14 ). I wish I could have gotten a gen 3 ZX14, those are the full tilt shit and get bikes.

Its really going to boil down to rider skill. So I ll be in front again yet another year....:rofl_200: Honestly though I have alot of fun with Mike at the track. Since he finally has a fast bike now I am sure we will have more fun.

Mike and I have been talking about doing the Maxton mile, which will be awesome fun, though expensive to get into that type of arena. But how cool would it be to be one of the small group of people that have gone 200 mph!

Also this year both of us plan on doing alot more long distance riding, hence the reason we both got sport touring type of hyper bikes.

After I put thought into it, I figured I couldnt always be chasing Mike down, so I had to get an equal bike so we would be down to rider skill and not so much one bike with 200 hp and the other with 110 hp.

I ll definitely keep you guys posted on how things go and I am sure you will see both of us at Vmax rides as long as we are welcome!

Todd

I watched the video and it was late last night when I made it. Usually I would have ended that video with "Bitches"

Ta Da ZX14 Bitches!

LOL

Todd

These bikes are closely matched ( the Gen 2 busa and Gen 2 ZX14 ). I wish I could have gotten a gen 3 ZX14, those are the full tilt shit and get bikes.

Its really going to boil down to rider skill. So I ll be in front again yet another year....:rofl_200:

Todd

:shittystick::boxing00::eusa_dance:

Both you guys are always welcome on the rides, with the 1500 I might even be able to keep up though the 1/4 mile lol sounds like you've got a good plan of attack

I'm not a "bike snob" I'll follow you two any time (I figured "ride with" would be a bit of a stretch) Besides I could use some of those rides where you don't get rained on <G>

I bought a new bike, the most powerful production bike, 29 years ago.. The newer bikes may make more horsepower than my Max did, but will they ever be head-turning classics like a Vmax? Doubt it. Great machines, but to the average person who isn't a bike person, they all look the same. The Vmax looks like nothing else ever made. It's a legend.

Yes and no. I ve owned quite a few Vmax's and honestly can say it never got any more attention than any other bike I had, except for its sound.

If the bike looked as clean as Vmax Mikes bike than it got attention no matter what it was, whether it was a Vmax or a Super Magna. In fact actually the super might be one bike I did get a little more attention on because of its looks.

Its all in how people are wired, I am a power junkie pure and simple. At one time the Vmax filled that bill for me. But as bikes became more powerful and more refined in chassis and suspension, so did my need to further that addiction.

I ll be happy when I have a set of time slips like this when I ride my bike to the track after I just made a 1000 mile trip the prior day :)

WQSMB_Pritchard_Time_Ticket_Image.jpg

Well that gives you to May (for the mile) Of course they do it once a month thru Sept. I'm sure you have to do a lot of safety wiring before they pas you thru tech, you may need a bit of time to get the bikes "safe"

If they have another ride like last year that lets you get a few hot laps at MIS, those bike would be a ball there!

I also scored a 06 zx14 this year 5k on the bike original tires lol came with full muzzy 4 into 1 system and pwr comander 5 i will dyno in the spring to see what #s she pulls.

Latest posts

Back