I found a cheap windshield on Amazon...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zubadenzie

Reaction score
Here's my review of the product that I posted on Amazon. $47.99!

"So, I wanted to try a windshield on a Gen 2 Vmax. There was no way I was going to pay the stealership $380+tax for one. Nor did I want to give over $200 for a Puig... Piug... Poigue, however they spell it!

I found this and the measurements looked promising. So I decided to give it a try. I knew it would take some work, but figured, "Hey, I'm not an idiot... probably!"

First, there are some things that you need to know.
1. This is a universal windshield. Therefore, it fits NO Motorcycle and every motorcycle at the same time. (It will take some work to fit)
2. The mounting hardware is questionable, at best. You will need to add some things (Washers/spacers/bolts, etc.)
3. It is highly unlikely that it will be easy and highly probable that you will scratch something and cuss something (everything) in the process.
4. It doesn't cost 200-400 dollars, don't expect it to look like it does!

Well, the VMAX 1700 has a huge shift light sitting atop the tachometer. So you have to find a way to work around that. I used a heat gun and alot more heat gun to heat the windshield where I needed some clearance, pushed the shield into position, immediately leaving the appropriate sized hump where the shift light lives. May have gotten it too hot too quickly and caused a couple of scorch marks. Patience is a virtue and VMAX riders are not too often confused for overly virtuous/patient folks, if so, we'd ride Vespas.....

Anywow... all said and done, it fits, it looks pretty good and it cost 1/4 or 1/8 of what the others would cost. That saves more money for gas. (Seriously, a motorcycle that only gets 25-27 mpg! Can you believe that??!!?? But, one twist of the throttle and you'll simultaneously understand and not care about fuel efficiency!)
20210328_171844 (001).jpg20210328_171844 (002).jpg
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0772PZV84/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_AVVP22156F8ZZQA2NEET?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I'll have to take some more pics. I used their clamps on the bars, in the only place they would fit and replaced the bolts on either side of the headlight housing with some longer M8 bolts I had.
20210328_171855 (002).jpg
I also used a few spacers I had laying around because the shortest bolts they sent were a bit too long for the cap nuts to secure.

Latest posts

Back