i got a nasty message on the starVmax site

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigrubbers4x4

Reaction score
hers how the message read from mattness:

hey what r u doin over here! this is teh gen 2 forum!
WTF? i guess Gen I riders arent welcome on that site....:ummm:

so this is what i asked him:

you got something against gen I owners over here?

Well they may be angry that Liter bikes are easily surpassing the Gen 2 bike in HP numbers at the rear wheel, and they spent 70% more for the Gen 2, that would really piss me off. I do not believe the Gen 2 will be the success that the Gen 1 was.

Yama should have done a major update of the Gen 1, would have been much better, IMHO.

O

Yamaha actually asked me what things would make the Gen II a success. My number 1 answer was to keep the price realistic... My #2 answer was color choice. #3 / 4 were lightweight and exceptional handling.. So much for listening...

If they'd kept the price under $15,000, I'd be accepting delivery on one right now.

Well they may be angry that Liter bikes are easily surpassing the Gen 2 bike in HP numbers at the rear wheel, and they spent 70% more for the Gen 2, that would really piss me off. I do not believe the Gen 2 will be the success that the Gen 1 was.

Yama should have done a major update of the Gen 1, would have been much better, IMHO.

O

You truely do not understand the Vmax both Gen I and Gen II with statements like that... And yes I have had both...

The gen IIs are very well-built machines, but to me I think they have too much going on visually, weight too much, and are a little on the large side. Not to mention cost-prohibitive, though a sweet bike regardless.

It is big for sure!
But feels and handles a ton lighter than the Gen 1, brakes are great as well.

The gen IIs are very well-built machines, but to me I think they have too much going on visually, weight too much, and are a little on the large side. Not to mention cost-prohibitive, though a sweet bike regardless.

I'm disappointed that the Gen II is overpriced by about $6000.00 and doesn't dominate the 1/4 like the Gen I during it's era. If the bike weighed in close to the Gen I and had a price tag of $12,999.00 then it would have been perfect. :(

Yeah I suspect he was just messing with you. On the whole though, starvmax seems to be a lot more focused on gen 2's, where VMF seems more tilted toward gen 1's.

VMF seems a lot friendlier and more "communal" though.

you truely do not understand the Vmax both Gen I and Gen II with statements like that...

Maybe not then. I love my gen 1. I know it's not the king of the mountain it once was and there's much faster stuff out there. But it's got soul, that special "x factor" that makes a "good" car or bike a "great" one. The whole is a bit more than the sum of the parts.

If I had that kind of dough to dump on a bike, I'd walk right past the Yammie dealer and straight into the BMW one and get me a S1000RR. Even with all the fancy traction and stability control stuff, it still costs several thousand less than a gen 2. It puts more power to the wheel and weighs 200+ pounds less. As such, it would walk all over a gen 2 both in a straight line and in the corners. Plus, I think the S1000 looks fantastic, and the gen 2 looks too "transformers" for my taste.

People bought the original Vmax because it was top of the heap, and that legacy goes a long way. Problem is, the gen 2 just....isn't.

I'd agree.....a significant update to the gen 1 would probably have fared better, even if wasn't as fast. Give it some factory radials, updated suspension, give the motor FI and a few more ponies, ect. Sell it for $10k and Yamaha wouldn't be able to keep them on showroom floors.

I agree, this is a very friendly and productive forum. No one gets razzed for questions like I've seen on other forums.

Yeah I suspect he was just messing with you. On the whole though, starvmax seems to be a lot more focused on gen 2's, where VMF seems more tilted toward gen 1's.

VMF seems a lot friendlier and more "communal" though.

Maybe not then. I love my gen 1. I know it's not the king of the mountain it once was and there's much faster stuff out there. But it's got soul, that special "x factor" that makes a "good" car or bike a "great" one. The whole is a bit more than the sum of the parts.

If I had that kind of dough to dump on a bike, I'd walk right past the Yammie dealer and straight into the BMW one and get me a S1000RR. Even with all the fancy traction and stability control stuff, it still costs several thousand less than a gen 2. It puts more power to the wheel and weighs 200+ pounds less. As such, it would walk all over a gen 2 both in a straight line and in the corners. Plus, I think the S1000 looks fantastic, and the gen 2 looks too "transformers" for my taste.

People bought the original Vmax because it was top of the heap, and that legacy goes a long way. Problem is, the gen 2 just....isn't.

I'd agree.....a significant update to the gen 1 would probably have fared better, even if wasn't as fast. Give it some factory radials, updated suspension, give the motor FI and a few more ponies, ect. Sell it for $10k and Yamaha wouldn't be able to keep them on showroom floors.

Agreed, but for me the Vmax was never about just performance, It is about attitude as well. But with that said. I will put my GenII up against just about any bike (not super modified) stop light to stop light (120 ish). It amuses me when guys say the New Max is not fast... (not saying you are at all) I have put about $1250 into my baby, running the stock cans. and it puts down 180 to the ground with 117 + torque to the ground. I have yet to come across a bike, again on the street that will touch it. The biggest improvement has been Tim's reflash, the bike is a totally different animal in the first 3 gears. That to me is where the Vmax shines (both GenI and GenII) k, nuff said about that. I had a new 98 and a 2007 and loved them both, but for me the new one is the beast it was meant to be.
Take care!

It is big for sure!
But feels and handles a ton lighter than the Gen 1, brakes are great as well.
I would like to own a Gen2 because it is a great riding bike. I only got to ride it on a demo ride but when I got back on my Gen1 it was like riding a 500cc bike power wise and the handling/ brakes were not even in the same league. I have since upgraded both my brakes and suspension which makes it a ton better but I'm sure it's not any where near the Gen2's standards.
That being said they are bikes from 2 different eras. They Gen1 has that special something that not many bikes have. Sure you can have all the technical brilliance of modern engineering but it still needs that something that speaks to your soul.
Love 'em Gen1 and Gen2!:worthy:

I would like to own a Gen2 because it is a great riding bike. I only got to ride it on a demo ride but when I got back on my Gen1 it was like riding a 500cc bike power wise and the handling/ brakes were not even in the same league. I have since upgraded both my brakes and suspension which makes it a ton better but I'm sure it's not any where near the Gen2's standards.
That being said they are bikes from 2 different eras. They Gen1 has that special something that not many bikes have. Sure you can have all the technical brilliance of modern engineering but it still needs that something that speaks to your soul.
Love 'em Gen1 and Gen2!:worthy:
I'm with ya!

You could ride mine if you where close! And boy it ain't stock any longer...:punk:

just caught this thread, saw him online at the star site and decided to joke with him a lil bit lol.

anyways, the gen 2 "feels" lighter than a gen 1 when youre out riding. and if i see a busa or zx14 or s1000000000rrrrr on the street, im gonna race it. you bet ur ass im gonna race it! lol

just caught this thread, saw him online at the star site and decided to joke with him a lil bit lol.

anyways, the gen 2 "feels" lighter than a gen 1 when youre out riding. and if i see a busa or zx14 or s1000000000rrrrr on the street, im gonna race it. you bet ur ass im gonna race it! lol

Thats right :punk:

lol, next time your gonna tickle my pickle, use your tongue.....lol :wkwk:.

i'm new to the vmax forums, i was only ever on the vmoa and outlaw sites before. i wasnt sure if gen I owners were welcome over there or not.....lol

Back