I got Shot Yesterday......

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
I was testing a new AR-22 that CMMG sent to me for evaluation. Standing behind the shooting line putting some tape on a target to hang it on the backer.
I felt a burning sensation right over my heart and reached over to see if it was a wasp or something. I thought, there's a hole in my shirt.. Oh Crap.
I pulled my shirt away and looked at my chest. No blood...?

Somebody had hit a metal target frame and a fragment came back and hit me. How it got through the shirt and not me, I'll never know but I'm not complaining....
The fragment had bounced back and was laying on the ground. It was still pretty warm when I picked it up.:bang head:

Last edited:
One more reason for the Liberal bleeding hearts to want to ban all hand gun ownership?

Seriously, glad you're OK.

I've caught some serious splat shooting silouettes in the past. Man that hot lead really burns the shite out of your face! Handgun splat seems to be more prevelant off the metal targets but the 7.62x39 & 556 tends to hurt alot more. Eye protection has saved my vision more than a couple times. Sure gets your attention when it happens. Makes you think twice about cleaning your glasses on the firing line.

Glas you're ok. I was out shooting my SW 45(@ 10 yds) last weekend and had a piece of something hit me in the neck, it was on a sloped back drop on an indoor range felt like a bee sting.

Glad your ok. Pretty scary . I watched a 36 cal. Ball bounce off an oak tree and hit the shooter center mass. Lucky for him it didn't have enough energy left to penetrate. It made a dent and huge bruise along with knocking him down. Scared the crap out of us.

Thanx for all the good thoughts. I've been hit before but mainly in the pant legs.
My nephew got hit in the forehead once and blood ran down into his eyes. Scared
the $%*& out of both of us. Luckilly it was just a piece of the copper jacket. The
jagged edges cut the skin...

Brett, I thought maybe you didn't want to ride with us Gen 1 guys.
We are pretty slow now compared to you.
Any Time, Any Place.... Under Mach 1 though.:biglaugh:
We run into any Busa's, they're all yours...

No blood , good to hear . Heard about a job opening ......... :rofl_200:

Attachments

• Chinese target holder.BMP
    356.3 KB · Views: 25
Damn Grump - glad it was only a fragment. Me & Wifey went shooting at Knight's this past Saturday. I had her shooting .22, 38 special & even a .357 (loaded with 38). All was going well until she got beaned in the head from a shell casing from a guy in the stall to the left of us. She was a sport, but it made her nervous, so she watched me for the last half-hour. On the plus side, two young guys were throwing 50 cals from a Desert Eagle. What a freakin' CANNON !!! I'll take her again in a couple months & see if she can put a couple full-house rounds through the .357. Do you ever shoot at Knight's, or do you drive all the way to Hernando? I know I told you at Kyle's we would shoot together some day - just been busy lately...

Ouch, glad your ok. Had it happen to me a few times when i used to shoot a lot, not fun. Scary the first time it happens.

I do Dade or Hernando for more than 25 yards but I've also shot at Knight's. St Pete Police Range normally @ 25 yards. Range Master and I go way back. He tries to set me up in a lane that'll be conducive of better shooting and less interuption from stupid people. The frag that got me yesterday was from 10 lanes to my left.

Hope Kyle can do a Tech Day while my bike is still running good. It'd be fun to help someone besides myself.:bang head:

It's scary anytime it's a hit near vital organs.:biglaugh:

I do Dade or Hernando for more than 25 yards but I've also shot at Knight's. St Pete Police Range normally @ 25 yards. Range Master and I go way back. He tries to set me up in a lane that'll be conducive of better shooting and less interuption from stupid people. The frag that got me yesterday was from 10 lanes to my left.

Hope Kyle can do a Tech Day while my bike is still running good. It'd be fun to help someone besides myself.:bang head:

It's scary anytime it's a hit near vital organs.:biglaugh:
I will try & do another tech day soon just been busy lately. I have had lots of side work its at the ponit where I am making more cash at home in one day than I make at Harley all week. I am seriously thinking about quitting Harley soon.

Really now, am to believe you are stupid enough to be downrange at your target while live fire is occurring behind or should I say beside you? Maybe I'm not reading your post right but this has got to be one stupid ass habit that should have been self correcting. (I mean dead). Please tell me I'm wrong.

PATMAX: It's an indoor range, I stated that I was behind the shooting line. The targets are controlled by cable so no one goes down range and there is no need to stop shooters to replace a target. Did you really think someone so dumb could work in the firearms industry as a weapon system evaluater, Come On...:biglaugh: Give a fellow VMaxer a little credit...:clapping:

Hey PATMAX, where are you in South West Florida. I'm in St Pete.

Typical Range setup...

Attachments

• JPGCompositeSPPDPRAA.jpg
    JPGCompositeSPPDPRAA.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 9
My bad Spec. For some reason I read it as "you went from behind the line down to your target to tape up your sillouette. Totally missed it was an indoor range which all have automated retrieve. I am south of you in Cape Coral but my bike came from north Tampa area. I keep trying to hit a "tech" day in Oldsmar but can never gety sh?t together. Maybe I can hit up one of Cowboys get togethers. There is about eight of us around here. Again, my apologies, Patmax
did you ever see the you tube vid of the .50 cal richochet? Funny, scary, hilarious all at once

I don't own a gun, but I believe some of the gun laws in this country are WAY too restrictive, so I guess I'd be leaning more toward the pro-gun ownership side of the debate.

That being said, may I add (and I know you all agree!) You can never be too careful when using firearms. I don't want to read of one of us being hurt/killed by an accident.

If I could find an old .22 Ithaca Saddlegun (single shot carbine) like I had in the 1960's - I'd buy it in a minute!

PATMAX: All is Cool. I read things into stuff too. I have a Cousin that lives in Bonita Springs. He used to be a biker. Crashed pretty bad and is old now.

It would be a nice 120 mile ride for you on a Tech Day. Kyle's is a little hard to find, you could meet here at my house and we could ride up. I'm just a
little ways off I-275. If you can put it together sometime.

Yes, an inch to the side that 50 cal. would have splattered his head. Hope he bought a Lotto Ticket that day.

Bill Seward: Thanx for believing in The 2nd Ammendment. I have to be extremely careful, I represent 9 manufacturers. Their reputation as well as my
own are at stake when I shoot.... I'm not ready to be drummed out of what I do.:biglaugh:

Your model 49, 22 long rifle would cost up to $375.00 New in Box.
They also made a 22 Magnum version, Model 72.

Here's a link to bring back memories. Scroll to pictures.
This auction got a little carried away on the price....

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=9517603.0

Back