I guess I'll take this opportunity to introduce myself

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angel of Death

Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Erik and I've been a fan of the Vmax for as long as I've been into bikes. I just bought my first off ebay for $3500 last month, a '92. Since I'm still stationed in Bolivia till December I had my father drive down rom MA to RI to pick it up. Terrible picture below.

Since it's only my luck I'll get home to see it while climbing over mounds of snow to do so, I'll send off the faux tank and fenders for a fresh coat of black. Last week I traded my TMax winch for a chrome grab bar and chromed scoops so by the time the weather up in MA turns nice again it will look much differen then it does now:

5f_1.jpg

Other plans are to fiddle with the vboost, get it to open earlier (Stage 3 jet kit spits fuel out the exhaust so the previous owner said). A 43mm front end the following season and an engine rebuild the season after that (35k on the bike now).

I look forward to reading and learning here, so thanks in advance.

Semper fi, Erik
________
CAT WHEEL

Last edited:
hello and welcome! Where is Mass do you live, and where in RI did you buy it? Just a little curious as Im from RI

KRL0215 said:
hello and welcome! Where is Mass do you live, and where in RI did you buy it? Just a little curious as Im from RI

Thanks! I'm from West Bridgewater, where I'll be living after Christmas (goodbye forever Bolivia!). I forget where the bike was from, ebay is giving me a hard time. July of '05 I did the reseviour run starting from SuzieQ's with some freinds from RI. That was a damn fun run and I plan on doing them every wed this coming summer. God I can't wait to get back and ride!
________
CHEVY CAVALIER WIKI

Last edited:
Hi Erik and welcome to the VMax Forum!:welcome_sign: That's a nice looking VMax, and hopefully you'll get a chance to ride it before it snows. It looks like your bike has a SuperTrapp exhaust on it. The jet kit that was put into it is probably making it run rich, so the first winter project you can do it is rejet the carbs!

Buster Hymen said:
Hi Erik and welcome to the VMax Forum!:welcome_sign: That's a nice looking VMax, and hopefully you'll get a chance to ride it before it snows. It looks like your bike has a SuperTrapp exhaust on it. The jet kit that was put into it is probably making it run rich, so the first winter project you can do it is rejet the carbs!

Hello. Thanks for the compliment! I like the maroon, but that god awful hood orniment on the front fender's gotta go so I figured I'd paint it all anyhow.

I thought about rejetting it, but bought a k&n for it and plan on tweeking the vboost to open earlier so hopefully that fixes the richness, and if not I'll dig into that supertrap exaust, or replace it altogether as it looks pretty haggard.
________
BDSM MOVIES

Last edited:
Angel of Death said:
Hello. Thanks for the compliment! I like the maroon, but that god awful hood orniment on the front fender's gotta go so I figured I'd paint it all anyhow.

I thought about rejetting it, but bought a k&n for it and plan on tweeking the vboost to open earlier so hopefully that fixes the richness, and if not I'll dig into that supertrap exaust, or replace it altogether as it looks pretty haggard.

Wow, I just noticed that now, what is that on the front fender, a light? 95 percent of the after market exhaust systems for the VMax don't require any rejetting. I think you will still be rich, even with the K&N.

Buster Hymen said:
Wow, I just noticed that now, what is that on the front fender, a light? 95 percent of the after market exhaust systems for the VMax don't require any rejetting. I think you will still be rich, even with the K&N.

Not sure what it is, I like to call it 'wicked tacky' whatever it is.

With the supertrap (going off 7+ year old memories here) can't you adjust the number of plates (i guess) in the end of the muffler too?

Tacky:

xgsfg.jpg

________
Fix ps3

Last edited:
Ummm...ya... not the best looking piece I've seen for a fender. Hopefully it can be removed with no damage to the fender. Do the eyes light up? :th_skullsmilie:

Buster Hymen said:
Ummm...ya... not the best looking piece I've seen for a fender. Hopefully it can be removed with no damage to the fender. Do the eyes light up? :th_skullsmilie:

Dunno? She's been mothballed since I bought her, minus one seat sent to Sportmax. I won't even got to see her in person till second week in Dec! :frown:

I don't think fiery red eyes could save that abortion.
________
Mercedes-benz zetros

Last edited:
why are you planning on doing that ride on Wednesdays? Over the summer Suzie Q's has a bike night every TUESDAY. Plus there are about 7 of us with Vmax's that go there every Tuesday night. You might want to rethink your schedule!

KRL0215 said:
why are you planning on doing that ride on Wednesdays? Over the summer Suzie Q's has a bike night every TUESDAY. Plus there are about 7 of us with Vmax's that go there every Tuesday night. You might want to rethink your schedule!

Maybe it was Tuesday. Hell, I've been outside the country since the last one I went on in July '05!

But you'll see me there. I don't know which color my bike will be but it looks like it's going to be black/crhome.
________
Vaporizer Affiliate

Last edited:
we will be there, just look for all the Vmax's. On average Id say there are about 4 or 5 there every tuesday, sometimes as many as 8 of us. We also go down to Razee's in North Kingstown every Sat morning for free coffee and donuts!!!

But the Suzie Q's thing seems to be done until next spring

KRL0215 said:
we will be there, just look for all the Vmax's. On average Id say there are about 4 or 5 there every tuesday, sometimes as many as 8 of us. We also go down to Razee's in North Kingstown every Sat morning for free coffee and donuts!!!

But the Suzie Q's thing seems to be done until next spring

I'll be there for sure. Too much fun to pass up. And free coffee and donuts sounds like a good time too!

When does the SuzieQ thing start up again?
________
EXPERT INSURANCE

Last edited:
Back