I had low voltage not anymore!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenfruin

Reaction score
Hi all I just want to thank RaWarrior for the excellent how to guide on fixing the low voltage and not charging problem, It was so easy to follow, my bike is a 1200 year 1999/2000, I had 13volts on my battery without the engine running and 12.4volts with engine running so followed the guide and now have 14volts with engine running ,clapping hands. I’m not the most confident guy when it comes to electrical issues and normally would not touch the wiring but glad I did.
I saw another how to guide for the fuel pump running on for quite a bit before starting
going to try checking the fuel pump diaphragm as it clicks like a SOB lol.
here is the guide I followed, its in the how to section for gen 1 vmax1200s

How to: Fix your Vmax's low voltage or charging problems​

https://www.vmaxforum.net/threads/how-to-fix-your-vmaxs-low-voltage-or-charging-problems.19108/

Last edited:
okay I have put the name of the how to at the bottom of my post cheers steve

I just followed the steps in the guide cut the connector from the engine stator to the rectifier and used bullet connectors for the three white wires then ran new red positive and black negative wires straight to the battery from the rectifier, I also cleaned the ground wire at the oil filler I also added another black ground wire from the same engine connection to the battery too as a extra earth. And that seems to have solves it, it probably was poor earth but could have been the crimp that is mentioned in the guide done both simple job to do well worth it if you have low voltage at the battery when running.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back