I HATE my Black Wheels...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F100Panel

Reaction score
Taconic Valley, NE NY I can almost Spit into NY Ma
I have a 97 Vmax with 4K miles. I guess black most everything was the order of the day for 97's? I'd like to either swap any/all of the black 97 stuff especially the wheels for bright factory or whatever wheels and other stuff. Mine are in GREAT shape/no nicks I can see... My second option is soda blasting the black off my black wheels. Some say the aluminum alloy is under the black/others are telling me there is alloy under there but not buffable quality:ummm:.. Anyone ever try removing the black & cleaning up whats underneath?

As noted someone on here would trade you out. If one of the regular guys won't trade you give me a shout and I can hook you up. We can offer chroming, polishing, or simply a trade for the clear coated aluminum wheels. Note that the OEM clear doesn't last long before blemishes and corrosion under the clear start working it's way in.

Your wheels would strip and polish (or chrome) just fine.

Sean

i might be interested in a trade. I have the stock brushed aluminium wheels - 93 vmax

Any pics? I might be interested in swapping other parts that you have that you don't want as well possibly. Shoot me a p/m

I have a stock set id trade you even up, Hell they have been in my attic for years since i got the rc wheels but they are going to need polished?

If you or anyone else wants to trade their black triple trees for my aluminum factory finished ones, let me know.

I'm still interested in Swapping anything else black for bright... One more question though, a lot of the pics of the bikes I've seen have bright either chrome or really polished alloy side covers or they are glue on graphics.. Where do you guys get those?

Last edited:
Back