I hate traffic!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering some of you have had to put your bikes up for the season (or soon will), I probably shouldn't whine about traffic, and riding in it here in Dallas. But, I will.

It sucks. Some of you in large metropolitan areas can relate, I'm sure. You know the feeling, you want to go for a relatively short ride, perhaps after work...and you're stuck at stoplight after stoplight, trying to find a spot to come off idle for a while.

Many times when I ride, my bike NEVER sees 5th or 6th gear, and in the summertime around here, not much air through the jacket means insufferable sweating. :bang head:

I've sort of gotten on a kick lately of waiting until after about 11:00 p.m., then hitting the toll roads here in the Metroplex...wide open that time of night, as the soccer moms and their cell phones are at home tucked in their beds.

Those of you in rural America, count your blessings. :biglaugh:

Any other people ride late, or get up early and go solo to avoid the crazies?

Considering some of you have had to put your bikes up for the season (or soon will), I probably shouldn't whine about traffic, and riding in it here in Dallas. But, I will.

It sucks. Some of you in large metropolitan areas can relate, I'm sure. You know the feeling, you want to go for a relatively short ride, perhaps after work...and you're stuck at stoplight after stoplight, trying to find a spot to come off idle for a while.

Many times when I ride, my bike NEVER sees 5th or 6th gear, and in the summertime around here, not much air through the jacket means insufferable sweating. :bang head:

I've sort of gotten on a kick lately of waiting until after about 11:00 p.m., then hitting the toll roads here in the Metroplex...wide open that time of night, as the soccer moms and their cell phones are at home tucked in their beds.

Those of you in rural America, count your blessings. :biglaugh:

Any other people ride late, or get up early and go solo to avoid the crazies?

"Many times when I ride, my bike NEVER sees 5th or 6th gear"

Dont worry about Jayhawk, I am going to bet your not the only who never sees 6th gear on the VMAX......

Just cut in and out of traffic,, ohh wait dont so that, it may cause someone to follow you to where your going and have the cops called on you.. LOL

Good luck finding an open road so ya can get your VMAX in to 6th,, let us know how it feels and where in the hell you found it:confused2:​

Yankee, try a cheater bar on that shifter...you'll find sixth.

Jay, I just got back in from my ride looking for 6th gear and took your advice about the crowbar..

All she did was lock up the rear wheel,, Is the shifter on the left or the right:ummm:

I live in Fort Lauderdale FL, and I too really enjoy riding late at night! It's cooler, and all the blue haired old folks that consider 25 mph speeding are safely asleep, or at least off the road! Of course if you go riding too late, then the only folks on the roads are the cops, cabs, and drunks!

For me riding at night is a natural, I spent several years in the taxi business on the night shift (5PM to 5AM), and have found it hard to break out of the night time schedule.

-MikeS

most of riding is done at night...and never enjoyed taking my bike to work

Pinellas County FL is just as horrible with traffic. Lately I've been riding down to Clearwater on Wednesday nights so I can acually get up to speed for a couple of miles at a time. We have 4 bridges that span Tampa Bay & a lot of bikes run them pretty hard, but the police watch them pretty closely because of a lot of fatal bike accidents recently. I have a CDL for my job, so I don't like to push it.

Pinellas County FL is just as horrible with traffic. Lately I've been riding down to Clearwater on Wednesday nights so I can acually get up to speed for a couple of miles at a time. We have 4 bridges that span Tampa Bay & a lot of bikes run them pretty hard, but the police watch them pretty closely because of a lot of fatal bike accidents recently. I have a CDL for my job, so I don't like to push it.

I Like running around at night. Less traffic, lights stay green longer, no sun baking you. But there are a lot of deer around here. And one night I caught a raccoon with the tip of my boot. So now when I run around at night I don't go as fast as I do during the day.
It's just not worth it to me.
I still love riding at night, but just don't ride as fast.

I love riding at night too. With my twice a week I4 run lately, it's a lot better after dark, mainly because of less traffic. Can't go as fast either though, cos it's harder to spot that cop car in the dark.. So far I haven't seen any animals on I4, better touch some wood eh!

Back