I joined VMOA, but now wonder why? Should I request a refund?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To join VMOA or not?

• Total voters

JAMESG

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a new V-Max owner & love my bike (1994).
I sold a HD 883 XL Sportster & now enjoy the
V-Max power, looks, performance (smooth, etc.).

I got excited & joined VMOA ($30. cost) & then found this
Forum, which I think may be even better than the VMOA.

What is your opinion of becoming a Member of VMOA?

Should I request a refund, as I recently joined.

T^hanks,
Jim

Nahh stick with it, you get a neat looking patch and a few magazines, you cant get a refund :rofl_200:

It does have some benifits to the club, but this site is where ya need to be if you own a VMAX

Donate 25.00 to lankeeyankee

I just joined the VMOA also. It was well worth the $30, as I just saved $75 on a set of Race Tech springs and emulators.

You are correct in that this forum is much better than the VMOA forum. I think I would cry if this forum went away.:rofl_200:

I myself think that the $30.00 is well worth the discounts and magazines.

I also think that this forum kicks ass & all the great people on here and thier advice and knowledge is priceless...We have well over 2,000 members now & only a handfull donate money to Buster to keep it up and running.Come on guys let's help out and donate a few bucks to this.

The donate button is at the top of the page in the middle.
A few bucks won't hurt you & it will be money well spent...:eusa_dance:

OK, I donated.
I agree that if most persons donate even $5.00 the amount will reach what Obama has raised. Ton$ of cash!
I do not expect to be buying any parts from any vendor. My bike is running great & bought it with Corba pipes & Corbin seat.
I bought a discounted Haynes Manual so as to check out what the mechanic might think he can over-charge me for.
I will probalby ask questions of this Forum.
Thank u all for your dedicated goodwill sharing of your experiences/knowledge.
Jim

I myself think that the $30.00 is well worth the discounts and magazines.

I also think that this forum kicks ass & all the great people on here and thier advice and knowledge is priceless...We have well over 2,000 members now & only a handfull donate money to Buster to keep it up and running.Come on guys let's help out and donate a few bucks to this.

The donate button is at the top of the page in the middle.
A few bucks won't hurt you & it will be money well spent...:eusa_dance:

Thanks for the reminder, Gotta hook buster up with some more loot. These forums rock, lets all make sure its around for years to come.

The VMOA is what you make of it. Get involved with local members, go to get togethers, and be active, you will enjoy the experience. Sit back and not put any effort into it, your return will match the effort. This forum is a great resource and has some of the best folks you will ever meet and/or talk to. I use both resources in parallel with excellent results. BTW, thx for the reminder, sent my donation to Buster today.

There is one VMOA Member living within 2 hrs travel time (each way).
So it's "apples & oranges"; geographic area makes a world of difference.
As u may note, I have taken the initiative to form a local riders group, here
on this Forum. VMOA member fee discourages membership, whereas this
Forum attracts more V-Max riders in New England.
Sure, this time of season, I'd love to ride with Florida VMOA, where membership
is large.
Jim

I agree with Jim Rodgers. As with everything in life, it is what you make out of it. I do take issue with one statement by you Jim. That the VMOA's dues dicourages membership. $30 dollars is chump change. You have a unique situation Jim. One I hope to talk with you about. It doesn't refect on the VMOA because of where you live. Just imagine if you lived on Cuttyhunk or Block Island. Or how about Stover up in Alaska? He is a srong member where ever he goes. Each forum is great in it's own way. I'm waiting for my Carrozzeria front wheel to arrive which I got via this forum. I just dumped a lot of money on my VMAX, I took advantage of every discount the VMOA offered and saved myself a lot of $. Do I think it is worth joining the VMOA? It is a no brainer. I'm glad I don't have to choose between forums. The one that makes me choose loses me. Dave VMOA #3505
New England Regional Director

What I have done in the past is sell parts to people and have them donate the money to Buster. I just did this with a set of peg rubbers... It's a win win... Guy gets his parts AND a forum supporter badge and I get rid of parts whilst supporting this forum...

Keep it in mind!

Glad to have ya!

Chris

There is one VMOA Member living within 2 hrs travel time (each way).
So it's "apples & oranges"; geographic area makes a world of difference.
As u may note, I have taken the initiative to form a local riders group, here
on this Forum. VMOA member fee discourages membership, whereas this
Forum attracts more V-Max riders in New England.
Sure, this time of season, I'd love to ride with Florida VMOA, where membership
is large.
Jim

Jim,

I understand the geography issue as I live in the middle of nowhere, there are a couple of forum members here who have been to my house and can attest to this LOL. The closest "active" VMOA member to me is about 2 hrs away too. The thing is we schedule 5-6 group meets over the riding season. This is on top of any "by chance" or get togethers between individual members. I put a ton of miles on my Max each year just riding out to meet other members wherever they may be located. That is a huge part of the experience to me. Thing is I could sit here and feel slighted etc. due to my geographical isolation, or as I choose to do, I go out and meet up with folks. Your Regional Director or, if there is one, Chapter Leader can keep you in the loop about meets in your area. Heck when I first joined I used the list the VMOA provided me and got together with members close to me by organizing the first Ontario VMOA ride ever with another member. Over the past 4 years I have made lots of friends, put 40k miles on, and had more good times than I can remember riding with great people I have met through the VMOA and here on this forum. I look forward to many more years of enjoyment!!

Ok here's my two cents on this subject - I am not a current member of the vmoa - until recently, I never even considered it or even thought about it.
Visited their site a few times in the past, but did not get much from it.

This past summer, I met Jim (thevmaxrider) and some of his friends and fellow vmoa members and they seem like a good bunch. None pushed the vmoa on me and didn't see me any different for not being a member. All of them are very passionate about their max and love to talk shop, so I can't see any reason why not to join and get more involved, so I will be signing up shortly and they can add one more member to the Ontario chapter - I love to ride long distance, so getting to the events is part of the fun.

Mike

Latest posts

Back