I`m lookin for, model train stuff in H-O scale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax626

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just thought I`d ask if any of you guys have any model train stuff in a box in garage or attic , or just layin around ??? I`m getting ready to put together a good sized layout in my garage ( wanna get the grand sons into something innocent and interesting along with having a good excuse to act like a kid again LOL..
I want to make it a ( by 13 and have a full railyard (I`n gonna teach them kids something`!!! lol.I have a great passion for the steam engine locomotives, all those moving parts I guess LOL .OH WEEEEL I just thought I`d throw it out there . you can catch me on facebook (David Osterberg in Riverside Ca. or Pm me here orrrrr E-Mail me at ,,, [email protected]
Thanx guys:punk:<<Dave>>

My grandpa had a room dedicated to lionel trains he had a lot of money caugh up in it. I used to love going there when I was a kid and have him turn them on :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I have some H-O stuff but mainly Diesel/Passenger.

Tons of Lionel, post WW-II forward including an 8' by 8'
double loop with sidings and accessories and a whole
lot more. 40 or so engine sets, various types and some
specialty things like plastic and Aluminum Passenger Cars.
If anyone is interested, IM me. i Used to buy collections.

The Euros have a lot of HO train stuff, especially the vintage stuff from W. Germany. You can have a lot of detail in a small area, but you may find you are more 'into-it' than they are. Kids want tablet action games, not toys of the 1960's.

Like many kids who grew-up in the '50's and '60's, I was heavily-involved in slot cars. I had 1/32 at first, but went to 1/87 (HO or "half of "O" gauge," which is 1/43-scale). I had about a quarter of my bedroom devoted to a 4' x 13' landscaped track, and that's where I learned to maintain machinery, basics of electricity, carpentry, soldering skills, and patience.

I have some pics of half-a-century old stuff I still have from those times, balsa-wood buildings I built for the layout, modeled after famous racetracks in Europe, the Aurora Model Motoring HO cars I painted-up like the cars I saw in the Road & Track, Sports Cars Illustrated, Car Life, and other magazines my Dad used to bring-home to me, and the hardware I bought to replace the stock Aurora speed controllers, which were shaped like dashboards w/small steering wheels, where 'turning right' made it speed-up, and 'turning left' made it slow-down.' Those were soon junked for Tower Engineering (Valley Stream NY) proper rheostat thumb-controllers like nearly-all systems used whatever the scale, w/the notable exception of Russkit trigger controls, where you used your index finger to work the rheostat. Wiring those up was my intro to electrical formulas and theory, as you needed the correct impedance for your controller, or you didn't modulate the speed effectively. And there was the constant threat of ozone in the air, which meant your armature you had just experimented with re-winding, has just given up the ghost, sometimes generating enough heat to melt the plastic integrated chassis/motor that the Aurora cars used for their cars. I was in it early-enough to have some AC Aurora cars before the 'Thunderjet' pancake armature cars combined the motor case w/the chassis, in the DC design, which was far-faster.

Here is a pic of some of my cars I still have. Sorry for the poor quality, it's a 'pic of a pic' since my internet server is holding-onto things today instead of immediately posting. They are: '65 Mustang, '64 Buick Riviera, Dino Ferrari, Cobra GT, Ford GT "Breadbox" design, Porsche 904, Chapparal, Ford GT, '58 Thunderbird, a rare 'Model Motoring' motorcycle (they didn't corner very-well, too top-heavy, so they weren't popular, making them more-valuable today; and a Mercedes 190 SL.

It all just sits in a couple of old tackle boxes I've had for 50+ years, and I still have a set of track I bought off ebay, one of my first purchases there after getting rid of my original track in one of my many household moves, but I always held-onto the cars.

Beware there is a train monkey cousin of the VMax ModMonkey!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 17
I have some H-O stuff but mainly Diesel/Passenger.

Tons of Lionel, post WW-II forward including an 8' by 8'
double loop with sidings and accessories and a whole
lot more. 40 or so engine sets, various types and some
specialty things like plastic and Aluminum Passenger Cars.
If anyone is interested, IM me. i Used to buy collections.
Hi Dave, I was wondering if you could post me some pics of your H-O stuff. Diesel is okay for the grandkids as they are 4 yrs. old but very intelligent and one of them loves trains. My staem engines are the new DCC type but can also operate on standard DC . I know that I will definitely need more track but I`m lookin for one more set of passenger cars,houses people etc.possibly Union Pacific . I`m going back to the 1930`s to the 1950`s.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Here's the pictures. All Engines and Cars are Athearn. Basically new in the boxes.
Accessories are unopened.. If you're interested, let me know and I'll put together
a reasonable price for all of it compared to what I see on Ebay. They seem pretty high.
Shipping and insurance will be needed too.

Ebay link for referance:http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...w=athearn+southern+pacific&_sacat=0&_from=R40

HOTrainsAll.jpg

HOPowerPack.jpg
HOAccessories.jpg

hey vmax626, I just ran across this in Craigslist...not sure if it's what you're looking for, or if he will ship it. If he won't I can pick it up and ship it for you.

http://monroemi.craigslist.org/bar/3795917849.html

nice train lot - $70 (carleton)

3G73J53Hd5L45F85M2d59a4cc53b462c01ff5.jpg

I have 2 setups of trains one is a marx from grants store it is still in its box the box is ok and the loco dose have a small chip in the front of it the other is a toys r us special by life like the loco is not there but there is lots of track and the other cars are in great shape. I am asking $70 obo or may trade call or text 734 73one 2127

hey vmax626, I just ran across this in Craigslist...not sure if it's what you're looking for, or if he will ship it. If he won't I can pick it up and ship it for you.

http://monroemi.craigslist.org/bar/3795917849.html

nice train lot - $70 (carleton)

3G73J53Hd5L45F85M2d59a4cc53b462c01ff5.jpg

I have 2 setups of trains one is a marx from grants store it is still in its box the box is ok and the loco dose have a small chip in the front of it the other is a toys r us special by life like the loco is not there but there is lots of track and the other cars are in great shape. I am asking $70 obo or may trade call or text 734 73one 2127
Thank brother, but, these appear to be Lionel or some other make.
I don`t think that they are copatable as the tracks are 3 rail and standard H-O is only two rail track . I greatly appreciate your finding these:worthy: but they wont run with mine.
Thank you my brother,

Here's the pictures. All Engines and Cars are Athearn. Basically new in the boxes.
Accessories are unopened.. If you're interested, let me know and I'll put together
a reasonable price for all of it compared to what I see on Ebay. They seem pretty high.
Shipping and insurance will be needed too.

Ebay link for referance:http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...w=athearn+southern+pacific&_sacat=0&_from=R40

HOTrainsAll.jpg

HOPowerPack.jpg
HOAccessories.jpg
Wow Dave That's a lot of good stuff you got LOL.
I`m liking all of it but all I really need Is the cars and the accessories as I have too many transformers and engines but, I like the S.P daylight ones. If you can put together a pricf and I`ll see if my poor ass can take it off your hands okay ?? LOL,
Thank you so much for the pics I`ll see what I can do.

Dave,

This is the last of the HO stuff I have. I'm really in to selling it all.
There are only 2 actual engines, the rest are trailing dummies. I
have a few cheapo cars I can throw in that aren't pictured.
$120.00 shipped and insured, for everything. :ummm:

Back