I need advice quickly

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eezye

Reaction score
Hello: My name is Eric new to the forum. Hello to all. This is my first post but I'm just about to buy a VMAX and I have a dillema.
Buy a 2014 Vmax with 1600 miles all original for 14k plus tax. 14,900
or a brand new 2015 for 15,600.00 OTD
Help... what would you do??

For $700, I would go new without a second thought. It's a year newer and you get to know that you're the only one who's ever ridden it. The used one will never be as perfect as one from a showroom floor.

My only caviat would be if they had put factory extras on the used one, like a windshield or hard bags or something.

For $700, I would go new without a second thought. It's a year newer and you get to know that you're the only one who's ever ridden it. The used one will never be as perfect as one from a showroom floor.

My only caviat would be if they had put factory extras on the used one, like a windshield or hard bags or something.

The 2014 is bone stock. Does have a vmax cover

+1 with Conman's reply.. Not even a question, with only a $700.00 difference and you'd be the 1st owner.

Not to tell you what to do, but if you haven't already, I would go to the used seller with the price of the new bike and see if they would lower their price in light of the fact that a new one is only $700 more.

Personally I like the 2015 color better.... :)
WP_20150829_007.jpg
WP_20150829_010 1.jpg

That being said, having had my bike now for 6 years, and being extremely active in the Gen 2 "community" if my bike was wrecked or stolen I would buy used, something several years old with mods that I like.

This bike and engine are so incredibly well made that I would not have a second thought buying one that was 4,5,6 years old, even one with a bunch of mileage. As long as there was evidence that normal maintenance was done and the bike had not sat outside or something weird like that.

So my advice would be to pass on both, buy a used one with add-ons you like. Mods are very expensive. Let somebody else adsorb the cost.

You never know how it has been ridden for those miles- Did he do a proper break-in procedure on it or was he hard on it? $700 worth of knowing. Buy new.

I'm with Mark, it isn't very difficult to tell how a bike's been ridden....granted you can get fooled sometimes, but there are plenty of tells to indicate how it was cared for. Very unusual for someone to keep a bike in pristine condition but pound the shit out of it on the road. And you can save a bunch of money by not rushing into a deal....there's plenty more of them out there.

But the bitter bottom line here Eez.....you're the guy with the checkbook, it's completely up to you who you want to hand that check to.

Man to have $15K to put on a bike <jealous>

I'm with Mark, it isn't very difficult to tell how a bike's been ridden....granted you can get fooled sometimes, but there are plenty of tells to indicate how it was cared for. Very unusual for someone to keep a bike in pristine condition but pound the shit out of it on the road. And you can save a bunch of money by not rushing into a deal....there's plenty more of them out there.

But the bitter bottom line here Eez.....you're the guy with the checkbook, it's completely up to you who you want to hand that check to.
I decided on the new one. Thank u for ur advice. I have been looking around and could not find a good used one or they were to far away a shipping would kill the deal. Also I can consign my vtx 1800 and let them sell it for me. Im excited about joining the Vmax crew. I'm 3 hours away from joining the madness. Stay tuned.

I decided on the new one. Thank u for ur advice. I have been looking around and could not find a good used one or they were to far away a shipping would kill the deal. Also I can consign my vtx 1800 and let them sell it for me. Im excited about joining the Vmax crew. I'm 3 hours away from joining the madness. Stay tuned.

Congrats!

I agree w/others, if you choose to go used, look gor one w/$$$ mods, reasonable mileage, and a decent price. Yes, the used bike seller is too-high. Forget him and buy a new stock, or a used one w/stuff like the Nash Flash, maybe an aftermarket pipe, and don't pay within $2K of a new one out the door.

If it was my choice, I'd go new (I do like the color but yellow would be better)

2015? I can't argue with your decision, I'm fixin' to take mine back down to the Dragon for the 2nd time in 6 months, LOVE IT!

Hello: My name is Eric new to the forum. Hello to all. This is my first post but I'm just about to buy a VMAX and I have a dillema.
Buy a 2014 Vmax with 1600 miles all original for 14k plus tax. 14,900
or a brand new 2015 for 15,600.00 OTD
Help... what would you do??
For $700 more why wouldn't you want to be a one owner of a brand new bike

0-100RealQuick

Latest posts

Back