• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorcycle Wanted I need an opinion!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benbtb

Reaction score
I’ve been looking at getting a V-Max for a while now, and I just saw one for sale on Craigslist near me for $4,500. It is a 2000 with 35,000 miles. It says it runs excellent. What do y’all think? It that a good price?

I don't know as much as a lot of these guys here and I'm sure they'll be responding to your question tonight and tomorrow. That price sounds okay if the bike is 'Really' nice and hasn't any problems. I would ask about mods too. Test drive it like if it were yours. A little History behind it wouldn't hurt ether. But that's me. The guys will be on a little later or in the morning. Good luck...:)

Here’s a few pictures of it

Attachments

• CF75635C-94E7-4AD9-9138-DCB5063808F1.jpeg
    CF75635C-94E7-4AD9-9138-DCB5063808F1.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 45
  • DA12F0DE-96F6-4ED9-AD48-D6D7CD7D96E6.jpeg
    DA12F0DE-96F6-4ED9-AD48-D6D7CD7D96E6.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 87AC6A01-9DCE-4D1D-A588-22193BB7B0E9.jpeg
    87AC6A01-9DCE-4D1D-A588-22193BB7B0E9.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 48
Also, here’s the listing posted

2000 Yamaha Vmax
condition: excellent
engine displacement (CC): 1200
fuel: gas
odometer: 35085
paint color: grey
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: cruiser
Tires good, Sportmax seat, Windshield, Throttle lock, Super Trapp slip-ons, Backrest with luggage rack, Engine Guards
Ridden only with cash in hand ! Runs Excellent !

Any used item is worth as much as the buyer is willing to pay, so if you like it, it is worth it for you.

But from what I have seen advertised on this forum (almost all in US) and over here, the price is slightly on the high side for the mileage. Prices have also dropped as we head into winter.

Ask seller about jumping out of 2nd gear, that is a common problem and expensive fix.

My Vmax is a 2007. It is, quite literally, pristine factory condition with just over 15,000 miles on it. It's never spent a single day outside.

It MIGHT be worth $4,500 to $5,000 dollars.

That bike? No freaking way.

And I also agree with @desert_max that Supertrapps are aweful.

I paid $2500 for mine with extra exhaust and extra seat.

27K mile and is a 1994

Attachments

• vmax.jpg
    vmax.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 17
It's always helpful to have your location below your avatar, someone may know of a bike local to you.

I agree, $4.5K is more than the market would bear here for something like that. If it's north of the Mason-Dixon Line, it's the end of the riding season, so prices should be going down, not up. $3500 is more like it, with decent tires and not needing anything. I'd say that the gearbox function is probably the #1 reason for $$$ issues with the Gen 1 as they seem to be subjected to a fair amount of hard use, and once they begin jumping out of gear, an engine tear-down into the gearbox is the only way to fix it. Labor and parts at a shop could easily hit $2500.

Yeah, if you have the $, I'd go Gen 2, but nothing the matter with a well-maintained gen 1 at 1/3 or 1/4 the price of a Gen 2. That's assuming you can handle the larger size of the Gen 2.

I’ve been looking at getting a V-Max for a while now, and I just saw one for sale on Craigslist near me for $4,500. It is a 2000 with 35,000 miles. It says it runs excellent. What do y’all think? It that a good price?
Let him sit on that price a while, If he sells it, good for him. In a couple of weeks show up with $3k. Maybe have $300 in your other pocket, if you really like the bike. Personally, I'd be prepared to spend more for a Gen1 with custom wheels, exhaust and running perfectly. Believe me you'll want radial tires at the least. Engine mounts too, and everything is more expensive if you can't do it yourself. I wouldn't buy that bike unless the stock mufflers in good condition came with it. Look through the archives here and picture what you want the finished product to be. Most vmax owners get the mod bug quickly. And mods=$$

2 years ago I grabbed an 06 with 3500 miles in pristine condition from a dealer on the West coast. They had installed 2 new tires and a new battery and listed it on Cycle Trader for $ 3500. There's deals out there, $ 4500 for those miles should be easy to beat.

There is no way in hell I would pay 4500 for that motorcycle. Do what you think is right, but he is way off. I am not a super Trapp exhaust fan, looks like there’s a super bike bar on it, has higher miles, and there’s absolutely nothing special about the motorcycle.
Hi desert max I got issues with my 05 ever make it to Vegas or can recommend any maxers here?

Latest posts

Back