I Posted a OPINION post in the other Vmax forum

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a new Triumph from a Yamaha/KTM/Triumph dealership in 2000 in Issaquah and it was pretty smooth, they were decent after the deal to, I got to rip around town on a Speed Triple loaner while they did the first service but I see on Google that they have less than 4 stars. My only knock was it turned out to take considerably longer than it should have, but again, ripping around on a Speed Triple, so ok.

I bought my new KLR here at Black Hills Powersports in 2008 and the sales experience sucked, the sales manager was a total dickhead and I will never ever buy there again, or recommend anyone else do it. I do have to say that their service and parts departments are decent and they do have a couple decent sales guys, but the sales manager was bad enough to stop me from purchasing a bike there again, ever. They deal Yamaha and Kawasaki.

I'm not sure where all the attitude comes in, like we need them more than they need us. It seems infused in the vast majority of motorcycle showrooms. The world will be a nicer place when it all gets done like Tesla and manufacutrers sell their own products from their own factory owned/run/maintained locations without sketchy dealerships.

That being said I'm not sure Yamaha is any better or worse than others but I've had enough. Pre-owned private seller only for me from this point forward. If I need to I can get decent financing through my credit union. I'm not playing games with these clowns anymore. All the deception, attitude and exorbitant dealership fees. I'm out!

I bought a new Triumph from a Yamaha/KTM/Triumph dealership in 2000 in Issaquah and it was pretty smooth, they were decent after the deal to, I got to rip around town on a Speed Triple loaner while they did the first service but I see on Google that they have less than 4 stars. My only knock was it turned out to take considerably longer than it should have, but again, ripping around on a Speed Triple, so ok.

I bought my new KLR here at Black Hills Powersports in 2008 and the sales experience sucked, the sales manager was a total dickhead and I will never ever buy there again, or recommend anyone else do it. I do have to say that their service and parts departments are decent and they do have a couple decent sales guys, but the sales manager was bad enough to stop me from purchasing a bike there again, ever. They deal Yamaha and Kawasaki.

I'm not sure where all the attitude comes in, like we need them more than they need us. It seems infused in the vast majority of motorcycle showrooms. The world will be a nicer place when it all gets done like Tesla and manufacutrers sell their own products from their own factory owned/run/maintained locations without sketchy dealerships.

That being said I'm not sure Yamaha is any better or worse than others but I've had enough. Pre-owned private seller only for me from this point forward. If I need to I can get decent financing through my credit union. I'm not playing games with these clowns anymore. All the deception, attitude and exorbitant dealership fees. I'm out!

I agree 100% only private sales for me too..even though I am in the middle of a private sale that has not gone smooth..If I need service and all I can find I will use a dealership but service is different they do work for you they often give you a quote, most stand behind the work. My main issues are with sales and wanting to talk to a tech me to him. I don't expect them to drop all work and take my call, in fact I am very open to anything that will allow me to talk directly to a tech. Even at auto dealerships the "service writers) who are salesman for service do the same thing

My last dealership experience was ordering a pair of head gaskets from the girl thats been Parts Dept for at least 6 yrs.
Waited 2 weeks....went back...was handed 2 valve cover gaskets

I have the advantage of being able to do the vast majority of my own service, with the guidance on this forum I have managed quite a bit. If I needed something done today I would probably take it to the Kawi place where I would never buy another bike under any circumstances. Their svc dept is full price but very good.

Many of the techs around here are the "if it aint a Harley, it aint shit" variety. To avoid dealerships one needs to DIY or develop a relationship with a competent indy that knows how to work on real bikes. The time to find one of those is before you need one. I think we have a couple good independent sport bike techs floating around locally here.

Back